Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Counterparts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Test For Echo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vapor Trails

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
If it weren't for Rush or Yes (for example), my ears wouldn't have opened for prog!! So I have to thank them one heck of a lot!

My REAL first Rush album was "2112" back in 1976, yet I have listened to "Fly By Night" already and I have also bought their albums since then.
It has clicked up to the point where I have really begun to appreciate them big time with "Moving Pictures", though.

But I really like "Vapor Trails" too. It's just a different sound. Still Rush but different, yet intense.

They are my #1 and they will always be.

I used to call Rush Progressive Hard-Rock and they were. They were among the first to play inovative Hard-rock with intellectual lyrics. Neil's Lyrics are great. He truely is a writer of great format.

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
Farewell to Kings,
then Hemispheres (very close behind),
then Moving Pictures,
then 2112,
then Grace Under Pressure,
after that I don't order them any more

Your missing out duder. trust me on this

2112 all the way. Also my introduction to Rush. I love most of there cd's. Can't wait to see them on tour next month!
Oh... they're Canadian, ya know.... ;-)

Alden

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan

I would choose the period between MP and HYF (81-87)

My favorite album is the same as Dan Swano's... "Hold Your Fire".. followed by "Power Windows".

Hold Your Fire is one of their best albums for me too.
"Tai Shan", "Force Ten", "Mission" and "Open Secrets" are my faves there. With TS and FT in the lead all the way!

Hemispheres

uhh... oh goodness. I think I just exploded from trying to think of what order I like the rest of the Rush albums in. Rush is just full of too much awesomeness and win that I simply can't choose the rest. They're one of my band's biggest influences, and so far I haven't heard a bad album by them.