Whats your Testament story?

levi

Aug 26, 2004
Hi everyone I really haven't posted here in a good while so Hi:)wave:) lol now that that's out of the way I wanted to ask you when did you first hear Testament? also if you like what was you favorite show from them?. For me I got into them in the 90's around 98-99 at that time my love for metal was growing and I would always hear great things about them and one night KBPI's Uncle Nasty played what I think was a single for The Gathering and the song was True Believer and I knew I had to buy some of there CD's. so I jammed to my local Media play and at the time I could only find Demonic(which I got that day) and Low and a few other copy's of there classic CD's. They put out The Gathering I think it was that summer and then from that point on I was hooked.

My favorite show

Man its a toss up its between the first time I seen them back in 2005 tied with the show I seen in SF in 2007 and the show they played here in Denver in 2009. all three show's kicked ass so its hard for me to choose hahah.

I got into Testament back when a friend of mine got The New Order on a tape. The first song I heard was the Aerosmith cover "Nobodys Fault" believe it or not. I was like "WTF" this sounds familiar and then got hooked on the rest of it. Then is when not too much longer they released "Practice What You Preach" I heard the title song on the radio and ran to the record store and got the tape.

My first time seeing them live though wasn't until they opened for Iron Maiden on the Fear of the Dark tour. That is when I realized just how powerful they were. They sounded amazing in the big arena that the played at opening for Maiden.

I have seen them on just about ever solo tour since.

My favorite show they have ever done might be in San Diego the other night. They sounded absolutely fucking amazing. But I have never seen them do a bad show ever. They are a very consistent band no matter who may be on the guitar.

They are certainly one of, if not THE best thrash metal band of all time.

I got into Testament right around the time that "The New Order" came out. I remember grabbing "The Legacy" on CD and "Live at Eindhoven" on vinyl (I still have it). Then "The New Order" came out and it was one of the most evil album covers I'd ever seen. To me, if you're a metal fan, having the t-shirt with that album cover is a must.

The first time I saw them was for the PWYP tour and I saw them twice. Then I saw them after Souls of Black came out when they toured with Judas Priest and Megadeth (still one of the best bills ever).

I'm probably one of the few die-hard Testament fans that absolutely loves The Ritual. I think it's one of their darkest albums and it's an album that has gotten me through some very rough times. I lost track of them when Low and Demonic came out and got back into them with The Gathering which, to me, is one of the best metal albums ever (and the best thrash album ever).

I met Testament a few days before they played the Masters of Metal show in Holmdel, NJ and they were cool as all hell. One thing I noticed seeing them all reunited now is that Alex seems to enjoy the hell out of playing "Three Days of Darkness." They're probably the band I've seen the most and one of my favorite live bands.

People who label them as Metallica wannabes should have "CUNT" tattooed across their forehead in Poison green.

Knew the name for a long time, but the first time I heard them I believe was when the Trial By Fire video was first aired on Headbanger's Ball.

Most memorable show was probably on the short lived HALFORD GODS OF METAL tour in 2003 or whenever it was. It was Chuck's first tour after being sick, and they were spot on (aside from a couple of technical glitches).

First heard them when I borrowed The New Order from the library when I was getting into metal.
The best time I've seen them was a couple if years back in London when they played The Legacy and New Order back to back.
I met the guys at Dynamo festival in '97. I was too leathered to remember what happened but I've got a good photo with Chuck Billy where I look totally wasted. Legends!