When are you arriving on Friday and what are you doing?

Bringa

Dec 8, 2003
So it turns out that Friday tends to be the best day for after-festival festivities, given that there's only three bands playing (and only one's really good *coughcough*), so I was wondering if people have favourite places to go to before/after the gigs for some drinks. Last time I was there, Sjiwa emptied way too fast; you must all be going to super secret parties.

And I also assume we'll have our usual Chinese Food before festival?

There was a massive after party at the castle last year on the friday with the guys from Andromeda, Seventh Wonder, René and loads of others. It was in the attic above the entrance that also leads to the breakfast hall.

As for the anual chinese, I created a thread about it here, but it might've been a tad early at the time. Pretty soon it will be time to bump it and see if people will show up for it :D

Before the festival: me and the group of friends I'll be traveling with will probably be arriving around 3-4pm and then just drink a few beers in the courtyard, shouting at all the people we know coming in until it's time to head over to the Chinese place :)

Only one good band? Have I missed a merge of Klone and Leprous? ;)

I just hope that there won't be a local dance party on the friday anymore, so we have the basement to ourselves. If not, it'll probably be the castle again, which is fun too!

There is no local danceparty this year. It means 3 afterparties in the basement :headbang:

Thanks god the local kids are respecting us this year. It was quite a pity that the Andromeda-experience was disturbed by techno hammering from down below. The Friday night party at the castle was great though!

We hope to arrive at 4-5 pm but it depends on the newbies who'll have to travel one hour to Munich to pick Dario and me up, so they'd have to get up around 5 am.

I may just need some more time to get into Klone. It didn't do much for me yet. Leprous, however, are pretty much the band of the festival for me. So I'll be jizzing my pants all through that gig.

I have no idea actually when I'll be arriving yet; it probably depends on whether or not I rent a car. I may just do that because I'm lazy as fuck, plus parking it in the town centre is a great way to have a nearby booze storage during the festival ;)

Sure, jonathan, you'll just have to book the room a day extra. Communicate with René that you want an extra day, I guess, or find out which room is yours and ask the castle people if you can stay longer.

If Ryanair stick to their schedule we should be arriving at the castle around noon. Hopefully it will be dry and warm and you will find us with a crate of "something" in the gardne trying to catch some zzzzz's after the early start. Feel free to nudge us and have a beer !. And no, Cyberfloat (Gary) hasn't lost a lot of weight, he can't make it so another friend is coming :).

My flight is arriving in Brussels at about 10 am but I'll probably spend some time with family in Brussels (and pick up the rental car...). So I think I'll be arriving around 5 or 6 pm.

Arriving Amsterdam around 10am with at least 3 others from Norway, then first possible train to Venlo and hopefully at the castle around 3pm. Then it's just to find a room and bed and prepare for some chinese:p

Our arrival is going to depend on how quickly we can drop my parents off at the train station in Geneva and get on the road.

Ideally we'll arrive at 5-6pm in Baarlo. We'll have to decide if we go to the Kasteel first or to the restaurant.

I might arrive with a large pack of Princess tiaras for the PP newbies. Just an idea to make them stand out a bit without being too mean (we want them to come back afterall) ;)