When did you realise the meaning to MAYH?

Opth_001

Space the final frontier
Nov 5, 2001
Denver Colorado
Visit site
How many times did you listen to "my arms…" before you finally picked out the story that Mikael was telling?

Well for me it took a little while cause when I first heard it I didn't like it, but after a while when I started liking it I started picking out the story right away, I never figured out the abslolute true meaning of it till I came here and than all the blank spots where filled in.

Thanks everyone.

The meaning that I got from it was from an inside of a coffin point of view. Someone is grieving and it's what a dead person might see from the grave. ???\

Ooops...I'm talking about April Ethereal specifically, sowwy.

I may be wrong :confused:

this weekend i sort of really got into MAYH much more, i think i listened to it 4 times in a row or something and just fucking got it!!! i always liked it but i dunno its got that new meaning sorta feel you get when you listen to albums for awhile :D

hmn, as for the story, i think i got that a bit back. especially after everyone posting here talks about it every so often.

from the beginning,cause i bought it when it was released and had already read an interview where Mikael explained the concept...not detailed,but still mentioning the ghost etc tec
so the only think that i had to do is to create images in my mind based on the lyrics

The second I read: "A morning in magenta, the petals fed from the dew." :err:

OK, not really, but all you had to do was read on in the lyrics and in Prologue the word "coffin" gave it away that someone died. It was more like, "When did you realize who had died? Him or her?" I had it bassackward at first, but it didn't take long. Great story! My applauds to Mike's thoughts that day.

"And I cried,
I knew she had lied.
Her obsession had died,
it had died."

Originally posted by Melancholia
from the beginning,cause i bought it when it was released and had already read an interview where Mikael explained the concept...not detailed,but still mentioning the ghost etc tec
so the only think that i had to do is to create images in my mind based on the lyrics

Well damn that's cheating :D . I had only heard that the last word of every song was going to be the title of the next song :-(

I wish I had that habit I'm too stupid to read the lyric untill I feel like I absolutly have to :rolleyes: maybe one of these days I start reading the lyrics when I first get the cd :)