When London Burns review

kremator78

Sep 20, 2003
Well i will review this dvd and hopefully you guys can post and share reviews.
Ok first off my review isnt going to be about the cover or artwork i couldnt give a shit if it a came in a glass bottle lol. Ok the dvd is a really good selection of songs that are played really well. A lot of people including myself at first hated this. The method of playing is way different then Eric or Brian Jack and Suzuki did a great job playing these songs so hats of to them. I notice they used a lot of modern day distortion presets then the typical bass treble no mids presets. I think a lot of mids were used for this guitar sound. Also Glen Benton's bass guitaring abilities are very evident in this album comapred to When Satan LIves. If you need proof he can play bass guitar listen to Dead but Dreaming on this compilation the break down in the middle of the song shows he can play really tight. Also on scars as well as bastards of christ. The songs that turned out the worst in my opinion were Once Upon The Cross and Serpents of the light. This ofcourse was because on Serpents i think Suzuki's guitar sounded got lost or something happened. Once upon the cross is a very difficult song to pull of tightly it was in shape but wasnt that great. Also Steve is a very solid drummer, he played extremly well here not even missing a fucking beat! He is fucking relentless he knows he is the shit and good so i dont think he needs to hear it he just knows it. Ok the only real issue with this is the sound could have been better. It seemed like a really small sounding compilation kinda wimpy as a freind of mine said. When this album is cranked you can hear every thing proper but otherwise it dont sound very good. It seems to me the whole entire recording is centered when it comes to the mixing. Anyways man i am done cant type anymore but guys listen to the crucifixiation on here this song turned out amazing! Best sounding one in my opinion.