When Man and Machine Collide

Demizevox

New Metal Member
Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
Chuck Schuldiner. I know at his memorial the rest of his band (Control Denied) promised to finish the new Control Denied cd. yeah, that ingenious son of a bitch actually did his part of the cd before he died. I just wanted to see if the ball has begun rolling on that deal. Will "When Man and Machine Collide" come out and if it does, when? I'm dying to hear "the metal flow" one more time.

-"And when life seems to be complete, it comes and knocks us off our feet; the element of suprise, the avengeful attack; straight on your back it will send you, into a state of deja-vu; here is comes one more time, showing its ugly face"-

Chuck Schuldiner/Control Denied

Here's Steve's own words (from his message board):

From a band member point of view, we want to do it. We're ready to. Chuck wanted us to finish it...we will. But I guess there's label stuff, contract stuff, lawyer stuff, money, rights...all kinds of stuff I can't control right now (irony..?). So I wait until I'm needed, listening to the preproduction cd he sent me last year. It's good stuff. Musically more like the follow up to Sound... than Fragile...
But as of right now, nobody is recording anything. The drums are the only thing done. Chuck finished a lot of the guitar before he passed away, how much - I don't know, I haven't heard anything past the preproduction. Shannon has work to do, Tim has all the vocals to do, I have all the bass to do and Jim has to mix it all. But it's not being worked on until we get the go ahead from his Mom and sister, who are in possession of the album currently.