When will Katatonia be coming to Australia?????

I know I'm biased, but I think there would be a hell of a lot of people coming out of the woodwork to see Katatonia here in Australia. Maybe they could do a shared tour thing, or do some shows like Sonata Arctica/Ensiferum, where two decent bands carry the burden and get heaps of people through the door.

Looking at crowd sizes for European bands in the last few months, I think there's a real market for Katatonia. Paradise Lost are coming in a month or two, so why not? Katatonia are at least as popular if not more so.

Even if they lost money it'd be an experience to remember.

One of my gig friends from Brisbane is friends with the Soundwave guy who books all the bands. He said if I could prove that say, 1000 Katatonia fans in Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne each who would go to see the band if they came out here, then the Soundwave guys would most probably get them out here.

I reckon there is only about... 400 Katatonia fans in the whole of Australia.

Hey. There's a better chance of them going to Australia than to Hawaii, if that makes you feel any better. Oh. And we get no metal shows here. None. Ever. It's awesome.

One of my gig friends from Brisbane is friends with the Soundwave guy who books all the bands. He said if I could prove that say, 1000 Katatonia fans in Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne each who would go to see the band if they came out here, then the Soundwave guys would most probably get them out here.

I reckon there is only about... 400 Katatonia fans in the whole of Australia.

400 fans in the whole of australia is definately not an accurate figure. if you could get in contact with your friend to set up a web site for a petition then i would be happy to donate my time to get as many people on there to prove you wrong.

Probably the best evidence that i can give you is that opeth recently toured Australia for the third time. All of their shows were booked out. Almost every opeth fan I know knows katatonia. There are many, many people in the metal underground in Australia that are very big fans of katatonia from my personal experience.

If what you said is true then don't waste any time lets start the petition :)

this is horrible. fucking festivals. possibly one of the worst line ups i have ever seen. ill end up paying over 100 bucks to see them perform for less then 45 mins.

I have no idea but it's going to make sure that a lot of fans do not go to the festival... good for us fans that ARE going, maybe we'll be able to see them.

I vote sideshows with Rainshadow as support :D

Everyone is ruining my happy vibe on Facebook with their whinging about the festival... bahhh still cheaper than flying to the US which I was considering. Someone told me they were $140.