Where are all of the Redemption fans?

Prog is King

Aug 20, 2010
Marin County, NorCal USA
This forum has been stagnant for over a month now. How many Redemption fans are out there anyway? From what has been posted here I gather maybe 10 of us? Such a great band deserves much more discussion amongst us fans.

I agree totally. I check this forum daily hoping for news/opinions. If there are others who do the same, maybe it just needs some of us to start some topics to get everyone posting.

Hey, I've tried to keep various threads going here. I do check every day. But I was beginning to lose hope. Get the word out! Tell people at other forums you belong to. I mentioned this forum quite a few times on the Dream Theater forum.

Yeah, it's a bit depressing that this forum gets little to no activity. Redemption deserves more credit. I'm listening to This Mortal Coil right now (almost over now) and it's still fuckin' awesome. I think it's better than Dream Theater's and Symphony X's new albums.

I wish I hadn't missed the opportunity to see Redemption a couple years ago when they did the 2 shows in AZ and CA.

I feel lucky that I saw them when they opened for DT a few years back. But the set was obviously WAY too short. I have all my fingers and toes crossed that Nick has some good recordings of some of the Europe shows they did for Mortal Coil, and can put out a live album and/or DVD.

Well, I've been trying for a year or so to get in here. Could never get the email back for confirmation. Tried several times to register, apparently too many times because the last ten times or so it told me I was a spammer.

I'm not by the way. I am a dork though.

Today, it worked?! No idea why. Makes me wonder how many other people couldn't get in and just gave up. The only reason I tried again was reading this thread.

Well anyway, I'm here. Redemption is reaching Rush status for me. Never thought any band would do that.

Bones, we have spam filters on the site that check many things in a user's "info" - your ip address was probably in the spam list we use. It probably once belonged to someone who was spamming. Your ip probably reset which allowed you to finally get in.

Folks, thanks for keeping the place alive -- we very much appreciate it! I will try to stop by more regularly...my "day job" is a pain sometimes! :)

I'm a long time lurker...first time poster. I check this forum almost daily so I decided it was time to get involved.

My only time to see R live was back in 2007, when they were opening for DT. A friend had loaned me some R CDs so I was just beginning to get into them. Fast forward to now and R is in my top favs.

One of the many things I love about R is the heavy melodies along with the emotional lyrics about, as Nick gracefully writes in the TMC liner notes, "wonder and cynicism, beauty and ugliness, hope and despair, faith and desperation, desire and regret, fear and resolve, and always love".

Well I only post when I have something on my mind. But most of the time my mind is empty.. so I don't post. :)

But I can share with you all that I haven't been listening to TMC at all lately. I guess I know why. I listened to it a lot, when it was released, and I listened to it while my mother was fighting her cancer. Then, when my mother passed away, the music and the lyrics became too painfull to listen to as painfull memories kept revisiting all the time.

I hope I can get back to the album soon again though.

Wow, that is saying something! Rush and Fates Warning are my two fav bands, but I'll admit, Redemption has jumped into my Top 10...especially with the new CD. :worship:

Yeah! It really is saying something. Particularly for me. I've been the biggest Rush fan arguably in the world since I was 14. I'm quite old now, (44) and the idea that a band or anything for that matter has pulled me into fandom at this level has really surprised me.

I find myself dissecting every note of every song like I spent my youth doing with Rush, or with specific drummers, but no other band really, until now.

I got older and became a bit crotchety or just became less impressed with people. I don't know. :D Fanhood just kind of lost its whatever. But Redemption has sucked me back in. I feel 30 again.:tickled:

Yeah! It really is saying something. Particularly for me. I've been the biggest Rush fan arguably in the world since I was 14. I'm quite old now, (44) and the idea that a band or anything for that matter has pulled me into fandom at this level has really surprised me.

I find myself dissecting every note of every song like I spent my youth doing with Rush, or with specific drummers, but no other band really, until now.

I got older and became a bit crotchety or just became less impressed with people. I don't know. :D Fanhood just kind of lost its whatever. But Redemption has sucked me back in. I feel 30 again.:tickled:

Glad to know I am not the only person who thinks they are the biggest Rush fan! Haha!

I'm right behind you in age (a lady never reveals.. :D) and I have grown particular on what bands make my jaw drop too...but Redemption is one of them. Why I never listened to them before this CD, I will never know. I immediately went to get their other CD's and bought the ProgPower DVD that had them playing several years back too.

I am excited to get to see them play at ProgPower this year! My brother is joining me from Indiana and even he got all hot and bothered when I told him about Redemption playing. He was a lil intoxicated last year and didn't catch the roster video announcement. Ha!

Redemption is a band that is slowly clawing it's way to the top of my "Favorite Prog Metal Bands" list. I've always loved Ray in FW, and have heard Redemption songs over the last few years that I really liked. Only very recently did I start grabbing the CDs (I picked up TFOT, SOJD and TMC all in the same day) and am absolutely loving them! Count me in!!