Where Are They Now?

So I bought some stuff on Discogs from Gugs back in '19. He fucked up the order big time. He thought his wife sent my stuff. She didnt. He also sent the wrong CD and I had to return, etc. The whole thing took about a month.

The last message he sent was "It's all good man, just been a very rocky several months if I'm honest. I've been out of work for 6 mos. now and it's been very stressful." That was in Dec of '19

MaidenNewJersey (discogs.com)

I couldve swore I posted about this, but a vetting of my post history proves otherwise. Now from my grave recollection, what I thought was an RC rambling, was merely a drunken PM to Cara in the middle of the night.

We ran into both Ali and Gugs at Frost and Fire IV in Ventura in Oct of 2018. I inevitably stumbled into Ali at the urinal, gave him a bear hug, and an invite to where we were encamped. Couldnt fuggin miss us, we were legit at the back of the venue in front of the bar. Decent sized venue, nary three hundo in attendance. Dude never showed, and I chalked it up on account of his Gugsian acquaintance.

Yes I do know Ali has a distaste for my ramblings, but dude is still class. He wouldve stiffened his lip if he were solo and made his way on over for a drink or two. Gugsian didnt like me from some Fagbook retort I gave him nigh ten aeons ere.

Never cared for the charlatan, and he can stay gone in both reality and forum speak. Wouldnt piss in a mug and offer it to him as Red Stripe.
While your tale is disheartening, it gives me solace in knowing I wasnt the cad of the aforementioned exchange. Pfft

Gugs is a leftist?! He was always conservative on here, ha! Or maybe he was just argumentative, I don't know.

Zod yeah, definitely. He and I agreed on many things. He posts bourbon photos on Instaboop. Bourbon is good.

Møøse did not come back. I would've jumped for joy if he did. Unless I missed him. In which case I must sacrifice a vodka to the Møøse God.
he absolutely did come back though

PapaJosh to me was a lefty, and he and Gugs used to disagree and argue about EVERYTHING.

Politics is the main reason i dont really do fb anymore.

People think by sharing or showing tweets they will change someones mind. Seriously wtf.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
Can I ask why you care? I'm being genuinely curious

tbh the world is a small place and being interested in the repercusssion of foreign politics is sensible I'd say

though on the other hand I would agree that the level of emotional involvement here in France during the electoral circus, with media coverage h24, was quite a bit puzzling, bordering on hysteria even.

maybe its just the american in me, but i dont follow another country's politics. if i do, it's very surface level and basic and only when some thing happens (brexit, for example)

i just dont have the time or energy to care.

I figure Ive got another 40 years, at most, on this mud ball. aint gonna waste it on a bunch of entitled cunts tweeting about their political beliefs

EDIT: i would rather waste it on hookers and booze

#albundy

Can I ask why you care? I'm being genuinely curious
i mean i guess i care and also don’t care

i care in the sense that american politics makes waves that affect the rest of the world including us but mostly i just got caught up in all the drama

but i don't care in the sense that i don't feel like i can change anything anyway so i'm just here to watch the train wreck

but ill be honest it got to be a little bit too morbid and now i kind of wanna look away because stare into abyss/stares into you etc etc

Last edited:
though on the other hand I would agree that the level of emotional involvement here in France during the electoral circus, with media coverage h24, was quite a bit puzzling, bordering on hysteria even.
yeah i wish european media in general would focus more on, idk, europe

like i dont know if it's the same in france but swedish media is basically about 1) sweden 2) america 3) maybe SpOoKy RUsSiA wOoOOoO

even though it would be more interesting and useful to me i usually dont have the first fucking idea whats going on in germany or france or even denmark or norway except swedish media ofc will invariably go into full panic and shock mode whenever a nationalist party gains ground somewhere (hungary, say) at which point we learn that these are evil and bad countries full of stupid and evil people who are not as smart, tolerant, progressive or kind-hearted as we are

but that's beside the point, the point i'm soooo over the usa. now that the reality show presidency is over it's not just a shithole country anymore, it's a boring shithole. if anything we need to get ahead of the curve and start learning chinese. rip my american friends. i'll keep you in my prayers.

well i could, but shit just gets too ridiculous and depressing. its all run by the media anyhow. and they have an agenda. the last thing i remotely followed was brexit because it was funny

like when the brit royals were accused of racism and everyones like "who was worried about the color of the baby???!!! Off with their head!" seriously, is anyone surprised? and does it really matter? it's funny

or like when the ny governor is getting accused of sexual misconduct by touching women, but we have a dude one step away from the nursing home running the country that likes to put his hands on women and smell their hair. the media decided to go after the governor. its funny in a sad and predictable way

or how everyone is following the george floyd trial, but there's a complete media blackout on the story of two black teens setting a mentally ill white guy on fire. its sad and maddening

I'm a simple dude. Dont raise taxes, keep gas low, leave me be and we be good.

Reactions: Reign in Acai
except swedish media ofc will invariably go into full panic and shock mode whenever a nationalist party gains ground somewhere (hungary, say) at which point we learn that these are evil and bad countries full of stupid and evil people who are not as smart, tolerant, progressive or kind-hearted as we are

Same here. All those "bipartisan" news networks (LOL!!!!) go batshit over this. The last one was France if Im not mistaken, or Poland?

but that's beside the point, the point i'm soooo over the usa. now that the reality show presidency is over it's not just a shithole country anymore, it's a boring shithole. if anything we need to get ahead of the curve and start learning chinese. rip my american friends. i'll keep you in my prayers.

A lot of Americans feel the same way. While biden is far from perfect and I lean to the right, it's refreshing not to have the news, fb, twitter, etc dominated by "OMG TRUMP SENT A MEAN TWEET! THE TRAVESTY!"