Where can i download evergrey albums from ?

Evergrey said:
You kind of contradict yourself though when you say "as long as you buy the albums eventually" and you haven't bought even one Evergrey CD.

Kind of, hm? I told you, there's always been something better than an Evergrey album to buy. When, rarely these days, I buy an album I choose it based on what's on the shelves that day and what's the best album in my opinion of course.
Evergrey just isn't on top of the list, but like I said, I'll get the albums I like eventually.

Oakenson said:
Ugh, a post like this really is sad. I am right here with Evergrey thinking you're mad!
Evergrey said:
What the %#$^.... What does a CD worth buying consist of???

Evergrey (the user) and Oakenson, get off your high pedal. People like Alien (seemingly) and I don't have all the money in the world to buy albums. It's a beautiful thought that I'd be able to buy all the albums I want to, but with as little money as I get they just keep piling up. Since I'm still in school there's not a whole lot of income.
An album worth of getting is obviously an album good enough to make me want to purchase it out of the list of a few hundred albums when I can choose one or two. Such as the new Ayreon album is for example.
Another example is Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. I'm totally dying for not being able to buy any of their albums, but do I still do it? No, because I can't spend all my money on albums either.

I mean I like Evergrey a lot, but then again they aren't extremely special to me. Just good emotional music. Like I said I'll get their albums in time, but as long as there's better music to get with the money I have, they stay on the shelves.

I do agree that the thread starter is just being stupid though.

It has nothing do to with being on some "high pedal." I think it is disrespectful to the musicians and just as bad as walking into Media Play and stealing a Cd. You're stealing music and there isn't an excuse for that. Be it money or whatever, there is not an excuse for it as far as I'm concerned.

Also keep in mind I am going to college and I do not get much money but the extra money I do have left over goes to Cds. I am sick and tired of hearing the "no money" excuse as it's commonly exercised. And if you're broke, at least keep some integrity and don't steal music that people put their heart and soul into.

In that case our moral standards are just different. I don't need excuses, as I don't feel guilt about downloading. I'm merely explaining why I might buy this and that album before an Evergrey album.

I just replied to what Evergrey said (and what you agreed with), and what he said didn't make sense. I did not contradict myself in any way, and I explained why.

Just like you, I spend most of my extra cash on albums. Tends to happen in periods lately, but anyway, that has no value in the conversation.
It all boils down to me not finding it disrespectful downloading the album as long as I will buy the album one of these days. Though, if the album sucks, then I doubt I'll ever buy it, thus making the download useful.
If Evergrey wants me to buy their albums (which I don't think is the reason they make music ;)), then they gotta do better. :) Can't please everyone.

Kinda incoherrent.

Nah, I think that if you really like something you'll by it. Sometimes I download some stuff am curios about, and if I like it I by it. Not the case with IcedE though, didnt actually like that one.

How fucking hard is it to understand that I can't buy +50 albums that I love, least of all the +200 albums that *like*? Eventually is the word of the day.

"Our moral standards are different" - now that's just lame. What you really mean is "I don't give a shit because I can't be locked up for it like I would if I stole them from Tower Records."

I can't buy the 20+ CDs I want either - but you know what? I just don't buy them!

Selfish brat.

jaimek said:
"Our moral standards are different" - now that's just lame. What you really mean is "I don't give a shit because I can't be locked up for it like I would if I stole them from Tower Records."

:)

Pretty much.
Nevertheless my point still stands. I don't find it disrespectful to download since I will buy the album. Period.

jaimek said:
I can't buy the 20+ CDs I want either - but you know what? I just don't buy them!

Selfish brat.

I don't buy most of the cds that I want either because I can't...uhh, what is your point? I suppose you mean that you don't download them either? Well, good for you.
Thanks for resorting to namecalling. :) My e-soul is oh so hurt.

I'm going to go to Seven Eleven and try the pretzels, try the slim jim, try the donuts, try the unleaded gas, try the frozen pizza, try the budweiser, try the gatorade... ohh and if I really like anything maybe I'll pay for it. But only something I really like and only down the line when i have money to pay for it. That is essentially what you are saying. I know it is hard to see it that way, but it is intellectual property and most people don't realize that CD's are the way these guy support their lives (their children, wives, pay the bills, etc.). They are lucky b/c their job (musicians) happens to be the same thing that they love to do (they rely on sales to support their desire to create music and also support their families). But it is still their jobs and the way they earn money. I guarantee you that the band would be totally pissed if you went up to them and told them you download their music instead of paying for it. HERE's where I think it is ok to download....

1) The band posts a song on their website.
2) You have already preordered their CD (or are certain you are going to buy it) and you download a few songs to get a sneak peak of the new album (that you are definitely buying).
3) If you are trying to find a way to go to jail but you don't want to kill anyone

If you really want to see if a CD is worthy of being bought, go to Amazon.com and you can get previews of most songs from pretty much any album. After listening to the SAMPLES, buy the real thing if you like.

Ok, I know I am quite opinionated on this issue, so sorry if my opinion pisses you off, but out of repect for the band, and the feeling of disgust from these posts, I feel the need to address the previous posts. I do not agree with your idea that ripping off the bands music is ok (I was 17 before and poor, but still found a way to buy 300 CD's by that age). I mowed lawns for a living at that point... no excuses

Let me ask this of the unrepentant downloaders, then: would you go up to any of the Evergrey guys and TELL them that you downloaded their entire new CD? Never mind whether you "plan on buying it later" - I mean would you tell them currently you own it without having paid for it? That you love their shit but you can't be bothered to help fund their future efforts, let alone this one?

jaimek said:
Let me ask this of the unrepentant downloaders, then: would you go up to any of the Evergrey guys and TELL them that you downloaded their entire new CD? Never mind whether you "plan on buying it later" - I mean would you tell them currently you own it without having paid for it? That you love their shit but you can't be bothered to help fund their future efforts, let alone this one?

Yea, i sure would tell them that i downloaded their album, but i would also tell them that it kicked ass and i woudl buy it as soon as i saw it in the store.

I download a lot of music, but i also download a lot of music that i have never heard of and just delete it when i dont like it. Im kinda surprised of how cheap people are, yet they make suvh a big deal about people downloading a few songs.

An album worth buying is one that your going to listen to more than 2 or 3 times then throw it in the back seat. When i go spend 20 bucks on a cd, i dont want to be disappointed (its kinda like lighting your hard earned money on fire and watching it burn). I work hard for my money and i need to pay for a whole bunch of things already at the age of 16 (car payment, insurance for the car, gas, other things i like to do besides buying cds), and i honestly wouldnt really be able to listen to too much stuff if i had to go out and buy every cd i have listened to. And you think the band is making soo much money of their cds anyway :rolleyes: Why dont you give them a fuckin quarter and say, i downloaded your music, this is probably more than you would get if i bought the fucking thing anyway.

just for note, out of all the albums i've downloaded (hundreds).. maybe 10 or so are completely worth all the money to buy it. but then again, i'm 17 with not a lot of money.. so i naturally have to be cheap i will eventually get around to buying all the cds of stuff i like though.

damn, i know you like more music than that :)

Also keep in mind I am going to college and I do not get much money but the extra money I do have left over goes to Cds. I am sick and tired of hearing the "no money" excuse as it's commonly exercised. And if you're broke, at least keep some integrity and don't steal music that people put their heart and soul into.

crying poor is defiitely overused, but i cant see all of my spare funds going into the massive amounts of cds that i would wish to purchase. I do buy my share of cds, but their is just an overwhelming amount of music that i listen to once in a while that i cant see going out to buy.

When i like a band enough to support them, i go see them live anyway. I have seen Evergrey live, and i bet they are happier with them fans than the people that own every one of their cds. I just cant stand supporting the recording industry with all of this RIAA bullshit. Some people dont even know where their 15-20 bucks actually goes when they buy a cd. Sure as hell not in Evergrey's pocket.

I only burn a cd if I want to create a best of cd. Such as slayer. I'm not a big fan of theirs. And all the songs I dig by them come from multiple albums. I'm not gonna buy their whole damn catalogue to get 10 songs worth.

The only other way I'll burn if is I cant find the cd for purchase anywhere. Now I'm not talking about tower records. I'm talking about theendrecords.com, amazon.com, ebay and a search from every bowel of the internet. If I can't find an album. Then I'll resort to mp3s. But these situations rarely come up though. The last time I burned anything was for the 2 bonus tracks of opeth's blackwater park. I'm not gonna go pay 30 bucks for a limited edition cd of an album I already have. Before that... It's been atleast a year. This weekend I'm going to go burn that slayer compilation and an album by casket garden that I cant find fucking anywhere!

But when you can easily purchase a cd online. Then there is no fucking excuse to burn a cd. You wanna hear the album before purchase? Listen to one or two tracks and then read reviews.Havng no money line is fucking bullshit! Get a job! These musicians have to work 2nd jobs just to make ends meet. They put alot of hardwork into their music. This isnt britney spears or any of those bling bling fags who have money coming out the wazoo. This is the underground. So how about putting something back in? Is 13 dollars too high a price for a band's livelihood?

I do burn compilation discs from Cds I already own. For example, right now I am making a Bal-Sagoth collection for my van. I also burn Cds I own and put them in my van so if it is ever robbed I will not lose any valuable Cds, just burnt copies.

As for the downloading, I never have illegally downloaded and I never will. I've already stated how I feel about it but I have strong feelings against it. I love what jaimek said here - "I don't give a shit because I can't be locked up for it like I would if I stole them from Tower Records." It is definitely true. In fact, I'd say it's the best statement and point made in this thread yet! When you download you're hiding behind the masque of the computer so it is much easier to get away from things. Your face is not seen. It's quite cowardly actually. If you're going to steal music then go to the store, steal a Cd and get behind bars. But of course that won't happen - people will take the coward's way and hide behind the computer.

Wow... Who started this thread again? What a dumbass, look what he/she caused. Seriously though. Where can I download an Evergrey Cd, in an Evergrey Forum. Hmm, smart guy. :loco:

But another thing is it's not just about the money either. It's respect for the band and their work. I respect Evergrey for being a great band, who is not widely enough known. :worship:

I downloaded a couple Symphony X songs and a Children Of Bodom song, and now that I have I will go and buy their Cd's, I know I will like it, but I wanna know which Cd would be better to buy for a first. I did that with Iced Earth, I downloaded Dragon's Child and Wolf, and I was hooked, I went out and bought the Cd (Horror Show) 2 days later. I don't download anymore though because I hate P2P networks. Make my computer crap out.

EternalMetal said:
Yea, i sure would tell them that i downloaded their album, but i would also tell them that it kicked ass and i woudl buy it as soon as i saw it in the store.

So what's the holdup? It's available in lots of stores, even Best Buy, and if you can't get to the store, it's available at most online metal stores - The End Records even has free shipping.

And when do you plan on buying all the other albums you've downloaded in the meantime? This month? This year? When you feel like it - maybe?

I work hard for my money and i need to pay for a whole bunch of things already at the age of 16 (car payment, insurance for the car, gas, other things i like to do besides buying cds)

Nice of you to prioritize properly, but that doesn't justify stealing.

When i like a band enough to support them, i go see them live anyway. I have seen Evergrey live, and i bet they are happier with them fans than the people that own every one of their cds.

So you're saying that Evergrey places a higher value on the fans who put more profit in their pocket? We must not be talking about the same band.

Some people dont even know where their 15-20 bucks actually goes when they buy a cd. Sure as hell not in Evergrey's pocket.

And that makes it okay to rip off what little they (or any other band) do get?

Nice points there, jaimek. I was thinking the same thing about this
When i like a band enough to support them, i go see them live anyway. I have seen Evergrey live, and i bet they are happier with them fans than the people that own every one of their cds.

The people that own everyone of their Cd's are VERY important to the band. Those are the people that generally go to concerts. Like me, I own every Metallica Cd, and I've gone to their concert. So, am I important to them only because of me going to their concert, also I spent more on their Cd's, then the concert.

It's not just money (like I said in my post above jaimek's, it is still partly, but thats not the only reason). The people with every Cd are the ones who respect them the most. If you only have one CD, you are still a great fan to them, if you own all of them even better, if you go to their concerts then you are still a great fan. That shows that people like them, which makes them go on. They are happy with fans period whether they buy Cd's or they go to concerts.

The only album I have downloaded in four years was St. Anger and I'm glad I did because it was easily the worst album I have ever heard. Aside from that, it only takes a little hunting around and I find either clips or songs the bands have made available. It really only takes a short clip for me to tell whether or not I will like the album.
Not that I am holier than thou, as I did my share of downloading from Napster and Audiogalaxy but now I have more money so I feel better actually supporting the bands.

1Time said:
I own every Evergrey album, but I also downloaded each one before I bought it. I also use the burned CDs I made to listen to all of my music, keeping the originals put away and free from scratches. Of course its not right to just download all kinds of albums and never buy any, but if you look at all the facts and figures, peer to peer music downloading has done nothing but increase record sales in general. I am a proponent of p2p downloading, but buy what you like and delete what you don't.

That is how I do things too.

In my car I listen to backup copies that I burnt.

But I don't burn cds unless I own them. I download 2 or 3 new songs from a band I like whenever they release a new cd. Then try to my best to find it out here. Best Buy does a good job I have found alot of good albums from them. Boarders is good too.