Where can i download evergrey albums from ?

Ok guys, I am not going to state my opinion here, but just for your information - if I want to order an album from amazon, its 13 bucks for the album, and at least 10 more for the shipping. I guess this makes my opinion quite obvious, but I DO order from them every now and then, but not with albums I don't know what they sound like, since its too big a risk at this price.

EternalMetal said:
And you think the band is making soo much money of their cds anyway :rolleyes: Why dont you give them a fuckin quarter and say, i downloaded your music, this is probably more than you would get if i bought the fucking thing anyway.
Yes the band would probably get more money if you paid them that way but you are missing one very important point. It's the record sales that dictate how much money their record company is willing to pay them in support of their NEXT album, advertisement and tours. If the sales are low the band gets low priority meaning less money, meaning bad advertisement, less money to spend in the studio etc etc. Try to think a little longer before you try to justify your theft.

Does this include shipping to the middle east?

Just checked, and its 4$ for first 2, and then +2$ for each CD more. While thats better than amazon (thanks BTW :Spin: ), its still a lot. Hmm, now excuse me while I check what this site has... :)

Good points people. Honestly, you have the advantage of logic ("thou shalt not steal") being more on your side on this case. ;)
I very much agree with you that the band wouldn't definitely like the idea of someone telling them he/she downloaded their new album and hasn't bought it, they'd probably even be pissed. Also they deserve to get the money from an album that I enjoy listening to.

What if I hadn't downloaded Recreation Day? Would I ever even know who Evergrey are and what kinda music they make? Maybe, maybe not, or maybe it would happen significantly later in some other way. Who knows. My guess is that I'd still be listening to Metallica and Iron Maiden, or maybe even succumbed back to mainstream pop.

About cowardiness (that a word?), of course people download because it's an easier way of stealing. Hello? Even I understand that. Yes I am selfish.
In this case I think the ends justify the means, because without downloading I wouldn't even know of half the bands I do, thus not being able to buy the albums either since I wouldn't have the knowledge.
And yes, just like with a pizza, the pizza might be bad and might be good, and with pizzas you don't usually have the chance of tasting it beforehand. Now with downloading people have that opportunity, and maybe it eats a bit (or more) of the band's sales as they don't make such hasty buys (or most people don't buy albums at all). I can only talk from my point of view where I do buy albums with as much money as I see fit (and that isn't 2 albums a year).

Also, whether I would tell a band member that I've downed their stuff and haven't bought it yet? Well, most likely not enthuasticly, but if they asked, probably. :) I'm sure the band reads the board often enough to read this too, even if it's all bits and bytes.

Sure, you can try and make me feel guilty, but you aren't going to change my mind anyway.

One last thought- when I was teenager (quit laughing Jaime), we didn't have the option of "previewing" albums (ha ha) before we bought them- we had to take our chances and if you didn't like it, too bad. Didn't stop us from buying though, did it? If you like a band dammit, support them, don't steal from them. You can always sell it on E-bay~

Well, no offense, but there were a lot of thing that you didn't have when you were a teenager compared to now :D

Just because you didn't have those means isn't a good argument as to why I shouldn't use them. Hell, my dad didn't have internet, a computer, or even air condtioning when he was a teenager. Even my older brothers didn't have those things (they're closer to your age, am_ash). So, I guess I shouldn't use those things either, huh?

Well then, see ya :loco:

Frosties said:
Well, no offense, but there were a lot of thing that you didn't have when you were a teenager compared to now :D

Just because you didn't have those means isn't a good argument as to why I shouldn't use them. Hell, my dad didn't have internet, a computer, or even air condtioning when he was a teenager. Even my older brothers didn't have those things (they're closer to your age, am_ash). So, I guess I shouldn't use those things either, huh?

Well then, see ya :loco:
Frosties- why are you ragging on me? You just remember, I've seen your ass!

BTW- "using" someone's music and using your own air conditioner, internet and computer is a bad comparison~ :Smug:

am_ash2 said:
Frosties- why are you ragging on me? You just remember, I've seen your ass!

BTW- "using" someone's music and using your own air conditioner, internet and computer is a bad comparison~ :Smug:

For the first remark - everything comes with a price, baby :D

Second - it was as good a comparison as your argument :Spin:

So you're saying that Evergrey places a higher value on the fans who put more profit in their pocket? We must not be talking about the same band.

Its kinda sad, but most of the time, yes the band would rather more money in their pocket. Its the way the world works, they do care about their fans, but they are always looking out for themselves number 1, their family 2nd, and then their friends. Evergrey likes their fans because they give them money to make music. Thats exactly what i did when i saw them in concert. I dont really know the members of Evergrey, but i should have said bands in general, not just Evergrey, because most bands do care a lot about their money, and sometimes too much that the sellout. Happens all the time.

One last thought- when I was teenager (quit laughing Jaime), we didn't have the option of "previewing" albums (ha ha) before we bought them- we had to take our chances and if you didn't like it, too bad. Didn't stop us from buying though, did it? If you like a band dammit, support them, don't steal from them. You can always sell it on E-bay~

Well, i have the internet so i am going to use it. The internet is a tool to get information, and that i do. How would you ever guess what to get anyway if you didnt preview it? How would you ever find oiut about new bands that are still somewhat underground? I would have never heard of Evergrey if i didnt download their stuff.

and yes, whenever it is most convenient for me, i will buy the album. These guys are not my favorite band, and i honestly dont listen to them too much. The only time i listened to Evergrey was to get pumped up for the concert that i didnt even know they were going to be at until i heard they were openers. I downloaded their stuff and found out they were a decent band. but i probably wont listen to their music often at all, except maybe for a few tracks once in a while. Now that im thinking of it, no i probably wont go buy the album.

Its kind of easier to argue that is against the law and is disrespectfull to the band. But it is a very easy way to find new bands to see if they are good. And if they are good, i will go out and buy their albums and become another fan. If they are not, i will just add it to my music collection anyway, and if i ever get into it later, then i will buy a few albums.

And when do you plan on buying all the other albums you've downloaded in the meantime? This month? This year? When you feel like it - maybe?

Whenever i feel like it is correct. I dont have the money in my pocket to spend on cds because of my new car that i bought about 3 weeks ago. I know the poor cry is overrated, but in my case, i really dont have the money to keep buying cds. Evertime i go to the a record store i buy a cd, so yea, i slowly buy back what i have downloaded.

Nice of you to prioritize properly, but that doesn't justify stealing.

Its not stealing, its piracy :D What can i say, i want to listen to music, a lot of music, but i just dont have all the money to go out and buy 200 cds just because i want to hear them. I guess i am a little greedy when it comes to music, but like other downloaders said, if it is truly a good band, then i will support them.

No use arguing anyway, it isnt going to get anyone anywhere. Im not going to convice you that downloading music is a helpfull way to not waste money and a way to find new bands, and your not going to convince me to never download again.

To the original poster, i recommend buying the album if you like it, but this site has 2 of their albums up for download right now ---> www.suprnova.org Download the bittorrent popup and follow the instructions. ;)

I dont have anything against the people who like to help their bands, i like to support my favorite bands and wouldnt tell people to go download a Zakk
Wylde album ever, but our ideas on downloading differ. No hard feelings? :)

I came here because i went to see the Iced Earth/Children of Bodom concert. I like them, but i dont really consider myself a fan. I stumbled across this forum when looking for a CoB forum, which i found. Its more than just an Evergrey forum here, and i just browse this forum because i feel like it sometimes. Dont get me wrong, Evergrey is a great band, but its just not what im into at the moment.

btw, i like your list of bands at the bottom, i dont like a few of them, but most of them are pretty good.

I never once said downloading music wasn't a helpful way to not waste money or find new bands. What I did say is that downloading entire albums and saying "oh I'll buy it... eventually..." is outright theft, no matter how you try to rationalize it.

I mean, when you move out on your own, I'd like to see you try that trick on a landlord. "I don't have the money to live here, but I'm going to move in anyway, and I'll pay you rent... eventually.... if I like the place."

Would you like to dig your hole any deeper?

EternalMetal said:
I came here because i went to see the Iced Earth/Children of Bodom concert. I like them, but i dont really consider myself a fan. I stumbled across this forum when looking for a CoB forum, which i found. Its more than just an Evergrey forum here, and i just browse this forum because i feel like it sometimes. Dont get me wrong, Evergrey is a great band, but its just not what im into at the moment.

btw, i like your list of bands at the bottom, i dont like a few of them, but most of them are pretty good.

Oh, yea I did that too, I stumbled upon an Armored Saint Forum, now i want an Armored Saint cd. Haha.

Which bands don't you like, from my list?

jaimek said:
What I did say is that downloading entire albums and saying "oh I'll buy it... eventually..." is outright theft, no matter how you try to rationalize it.

And I agreed.

jaimek said:
Would you like to dig your hole any deeper?

That's what I was saying, there's no hole. Now stop going on about it like a mad goose.

One can only use his/her imagination. :) Or witness it, which might prove to be lethal.
Suspecting that gooses could speak. Let's just pretend they can, or that I was using a mad goose's behaviour as a symbol.

Anyway, at least this thread has made me come here more often again (along with the release of The Inner Circle, of course).