Where did your nickname comes from?

I greedily snagged mine from a Fields Of The Nephilim song called Psychonaut Lib III. They're not metal... more goth rock but I've been a fan for many years. Thought the name was cool and ever better, it wasn't taken.

I always wondered whether your name came from that song, hehehe. Cool!

I have been on the internet since 1994 or so. I have been on many message boards, usenet etc. I tried many different nicknames and it got a little tough remembering all of them, so I just went with an easy one.... my first name.

Bryant

Sure I'll play along...
It's quite simple.
Back in '97 when I got my first computer I was signing up for an email address on yahoo and had to come up with a user name...
being a Motley Crue fan for years and a huge Nikki Sixx fan I knew I wanted to use Sixx. I wasn't sure of a what to add to Sixx. At the time they had just released their reunion album with Vince Generation Swine. I thought how about adding swine on the tail end... Sound good at the time so I went with it...

Glad you played along, finally. Always wondered about your name...knew the sixx part, but never understood why the swine. Now I know. It's a really cool and memorable nickname.

it turned out to be a pretty shitty album though....

Yeah that's what puzzles me. I made the connection since the first time I entered the forum and met the people, but I never knew why somebody who seemed a MC fan picked that album for the nickname. Now I understand, thanks. :saint:

My nick is the Japanese phonetic spelling of my nickname in real life. Drop the pronunciation of the "u" at the beginning and end. This is about as close as I can get since there are several letters that can't really be reproduced in Japanese.

There's this piece of modern poetry by B. Dickinson that I always liked:

The smell of resined leather
The steely iron mask
As you cut and thrust and parried at the
fencing master's call

One of my favorite Maiden songs :D :kickass:

Mine is my first name. It's Spanish for "April" only spelled with a "y" instead of an "i". My parents named me after the Deep Purple song.

I greedily snagged mine from a Fields Of The Nephilim song called Psychonaut Lib III. They're not metal... more goth rock but I've been a fan for many years. Thought the name was cool and ever better, it wasn't taken.

Awesome band! Often overlooked but imho one of the best bands from the 80's. Very dark but melodic music.

Even though there is some other goofball with the name of KMADD on the net. I believe i was first and it was combo of my first name my biological last name and my adoptive last name. I put the 69 on myspace to differientiate from that hip hop loving dude and to have some indymetal.com friends on my page cause im EVIL69 on that forum.