where do you draw the line with merch?

I have one Iron Maiden mug and one Burzum g-string. I bought both at the same day and I can't even imagine how drunk I must have been. The mug sees heavy use and string only occasional.

I just buy whatever I like, if it's ridiculous then I probably won't buy it but really, there's no need to draw a line anywhere.

mw_special_condom_large1.jpg

Winningest product ever. I'd use 'em.

I buy shirts and obviously cds. I have an Amon Amarth poster that came with an album, and I'll probably get more posters when I go to college. I would buy a hoodie. That's it.

I have an Emperor poster which came with Anthems, and a Darkthrone poster that came in a metal maniacs magazine.

(I think the Darkthrone poster is of them from when they played death metal)

Shirts & hoodies. I've also got a pair of Cannibal Corpse Butchered at Birth shorts that I bought in 92, they don't see a lot of wear these days though. And a fuckton of posters under my bed. Oh and I've also got a set of Metallica figurines circa Justice tour on my desk.

P4050009.jpg

Note how completely uncoordinated Lars looks :tickled:

Hoodies are the shit if they are priced right. I bought an Opeth hoodie off of ebay for 30 bones and i wear it constantly. Next in line would be tshirts.

youre gonna have to explain that one? why not wear a hat from a band? why not support them and wear what you want/need?
~gR~

Because I don't think they look very good. Also, I don't want a brand or a band name all over my shirt. It is the same reason I avoid Abercrombie and Fitch(I only buy flannels there) and other stores like that. I don't need a name plastered all over me to try and represent anything. If I need to wear something, I am not going to be double-productive and try to wear something visually pleasing while trying advertise a band. I would rather wear something that looks good, is designed for the sake of being a quality piece of clothing, and further stands as a symbol of my identity. Wearing merch usually detracts from that goal, though I have a few band shirts. Obviously, this is not to say you are a tool or everyone who is different from me is some kind of a mindless brand/band-shirt wearing loser, I just think it is a stupid idea to wear a massive amount of merch.

I need to find some posters badly... And I need to go to a fucking concert. It's been 2 years since my last concert im mad pissed. Oh and I also need some rad pants. I got a decent amount of shirts and a decent collection.

I need to find some posters badly... And I need to go to a fucking concert. It's been 2 years since my last concert im mad pissed. Oh and I also need some rad pants. I got a decent amount of shirts and a decent collection.

That is kind of shit I am talking about about when I say "tool." Who needs a pair of fucking band pants?