where is everybody staying?

enki3600

MetalHead & Engineer
Sep 20, 2004
Which hotel(s) does everybody plan on staying?
I realize they've set up a "powerfest rate" at one of them, but which are going to be best for teaming up with other fest goers?

Also (without calculating it on google maps), does anyone know which is the closest to the venue? What about safest from things like theft/vandalism?

And if anybody would like to share a room to split the cost, I'm more than willing to help out!

They're all pretty much right in the same little cluster of buildings, I believe. Most of us seem to be staying at the Best Western.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
At my friends apartment, oh yeah no hotel costs giggity giggity goo.

Well if I was your friend, I'd make sure to charge you double, as I'm sure it's hell with you around :tickled: (and why should it be otherwise? :headbang: )

Well this is the first out of town fest for me that I DONT have a friend to mooch off, so I'm trying to find out as much as I can. I like to be fully mobile, without worrying about things tied down and outta sight. It's going to kick ass either way, but I know I'll be in good hands if I'm with other Metal Heads

sounds like the Best Western it is then :)

(I'll probably check prices at the Hilton Gardens too, though I can just about imagine)

I'll look forward to what Powerfest has to offer!

enki3600 said:
sounds like the Best Western it is then :)

(I'll probably check prices at the Hilton Gardens too, though I can just about imagine)

I'll look forward to what Powerfest has to offer!

It's not *that* bad, price wise. We'd have done the BW, but since all their "regular" rooms are sold out...

eaeolian said:
With the rest of the known universe, apparently. Since I didn't want to share a jacuzzi king suite with Scott, we went for the Hilton Gardens.

I had reservations there, some friends are staying there but I saved $50 or so bucks my moving to the BW. There are close together, so no worries I am sure wew ill be hitting all the places up for parties Wooot!!!!

We kind of pussed out last year on Saturday Night huh LOL

Bear

Bear said:
I had reservations there, some friends are staying there but I saved $50 or so bucks my moving to the BW. There are close together, so no worries I am sure wew ill be hitting all the places up for parties Wooot!!!!

We kind of pussed out last year on Saturday Night huh LOL

Bear

BUT IS IT BLACK..... :loco:

enki3600 said:
Well if I was your friend, I'd make sure to charge you double, as I'm sure it's hell with you around :tickled: (and why should it be otherwise? :headbang: )

Well this is the first out of town fest for me that I DONT have a friend to mooch off, so I'm trying to find out as much as I can. I like to be fully mobile, without worrying about things tied down and outta sight. It's going to kick ass either way, but I know I'll be in good hands if I'm with other Metal Heads

Thank you for your comment, I dont know you but you made fun of me and that makes me chuckle.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Thank you for your comment, I dont know you but you made fun of me and that makes me chuckle.

Well naturally I don't mean it personally or belligerently--I was aiming at the whole MetalHeaded stereotype. Hopefully you'll still be at the hotels partying afterwards!