Where is Katatonia from?

ILTU

New Metal Member
Jun 26, 2003
Where are they from? I guess that they live in Scandinavia. And one question for people who speaks english as a mother tongue. What can you say about vocalist's accent?

They're from Stockholm, Sweden....

I've always found Jonas' accent quite bad to be honest. His intonations are way off mark on occasion. It doesn't bother me though as I'm a Swede myself. I'm used to hearing Swede's speak English badly... :)

Scytheman said:
They're from Stockholm, Sweden....

I've always found Jonas' accent quite bad to be honest. His intonations are way off mark on occasion. It doesn't bother me though as I'm a Swede myself. I'm used to hearing Swede's speak English badly... :)

I'm from Russia and the main problem of russian ppl is speaking prepositions separate from words. Englishmen speak all the words together. Trust me that this speach more bedly then swedish.
Anyway I hope to see here the comments from native amaricans or englishmen.

I briefly spoke to Jonas before the last London gig, and i was surprised that his English wasnt as good as i was expecting, he didn't really understand much i said. Not that i thought that was a problem. i think the accent is good anyway, and he sings great. dont see any problems with it.

Yeah, he sings great and I really can't detect an accent. But I haven't actually spoken to him in person before, so I can't judge by that.

I think u notice the Swedish pronunciation when he says one "jear"from now or sometimes the "u" sounds a bit like the Swedish one. But I ´m not English mothertongue so for me it´s just "foreigner" English and who cares after all!
I must say that Swedes can all speak English very very well (not like us Italians).
And moreover I find Swedish accent and intonation very nice!
@Transparent, I also find it quite difficult sometimes to understand British accent:p

In General one can say that people natively speaking germanic (correct word?) languages speak the best English, cause it's a germanic language itself. Latins have bigger probs, listen to bands from italy for, i.e. Lacuna Coil, Dark Lunacy and especially Novembre, they sometimes have a bad pronounciation and some mistakes in their lyrics. And can anybody explain to me why not many songwriters in the scene seem to be albe to use the "s" of the third person correctly? It's just amazing, although it does not disturb me...

I should speak English more often, I'm kind of stuck and have to think every sentence over... I'm German BTW.

well.. Dutch people may also have a originally germanic (?) language, but they do have a lousy English accent. If you have ever heard Wim Duisenberg (president of the ECB) trying to speak English, you would know what I mean :erk:

and I don't care if Jonas has a bad accent or not.. The vocals sound great to me, so don't try to change it!

ILTU said:
I'm from Russia and the main problem of russian ppl is speaking prepositions separate from words. Englishmen speak all the words together. Trust me that this speach more bedly then swedish.
Anyway I hope to see here the comments from native amaricans or englishmen.

Yeah, the majority of my friends speak english badly. I shtrengthen my english with talking on the Ultimatemetal forum! But unfortunately, I appear here very seldom this year.

ILTU said:
Where are they from? I guess that they live in Scandinavia. And one question for people who speaks english as a mother tongue. What can you say about vocalist's accent?

Is it really that hard to go to a website and find the answer? :rolleyes: