where oh where oh where is 64 bit trigger?

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
Seriously?
WTF?
I have a client coming in in 2 weeks to re-amp and mix and they are using Logic x so I will have to export audio to logic 9 to get trigger going.

Developers have known about this for a LONG time.
Hopefully LPX will give the late adopters the kick up the arse they need.

/rant

32 bit on mac au.
Logic 10 install leaves logic 9 untouched so no problem there.
Client is using LPX for their songs I am mixing.
It would be handy, not stupid, to mix their sessions in LPX with all their plugins and software instruments intact rather than having to export everything and import into a new logic 9 project.
I could use logic 9 to trigger the kicks but I would be doing it blind rather than finding the best sound in the context of the mix.
I am staying on 9 until all my plugins are 64 bit and it's proven bug free.

Yeah, Trigger is one of the very few plugins that I'd really need to continue using if I switched to LPX. I realize Slate Digital are working on a lot of exciting new stuff, but stuff like this REALLY needs to be 64-bit compatible by now - if you asked me, every single commercial plugin should have been a long time ago.

It's a iLok1 and MacOSX problem, not AU vs VST - ie there is no way to use iLok1 and 64bit plugin on MacOSX. Trigger (and FG-X for example as well) both use iLok1.

Upgrade needs to be ilok 2 of course.
Not an excuse by any means.
I would think au and aax are both priorities.

New stuff is in being worked on parallel to legacy updates. So we didn't push anything aside.. it's just a tedious process to do.. believe me, we want it as bad as you all do. Should be out soon.

Cheers,
Steven

Funny you should post this, just saw on Facebook just now:

TRIGGER 2 is done, we're preparing for the release and I'm trying to get it out this week. Free update, 64bit AAX, and a few surprises

3s1oea.jpg