Where r you from??

Originally posted by Gaunerin
Hejsan JannE! :D

Hehehe....nothing to be impressed about really :saint:
I just like your country a lot, that's all :)
I've been to Gävle once, actually. But I've just spent a little time at the station and I cannot remember anything :/

But next time you will, remember we have to go up to see that vid! :)

@ JannE: Sverige är ett mycket vackert land. :)
Jag trivs mycket bra.

Originally posted by Gaunerin
Hejsan JannE! :D

I just like your country a lot, that's all :)

I agree, Sweden is a great country ! I have been there a couple of times and will visit soon again (I hope). I just love it.
Cheers

oki.....weirdo..... ;) .....I just had a look at a map to see where Tornio is. Hehehe....damn, that is close to Sweden indeed!
I take it you left your hometown because of your studies? I know of Oulu having an university.......does Tornia have one as well then?

Nope, it's not university. It's called polytechnic...umm...I think it's somewhat comparable to college or smthn. The teaching/education isn't as theorethical as it is ( I think) at a university.

And yes....I can see Sweden just by looking out the window. Also Tornio is only130 km from Oulu, so it's not much of a journey if I suddenly start missing my mom. :p

Originally posted by Marlies
The Death Angel shirt is only half as sweet as the gig at the Dynamo festival I saw.. even though I didn't get to hear one of my all-time favorite metal songs Kill As One!!

Ahhh, yes, "Kill As One". The lead-in track to the classic, instrumental, title track of "The Ultra Violence" album. For me, a defining album in the history of metal (let alone thrash!). I'll never forget having the headphones on, the amp turned up to 11, and a shitload of rum & cokes in me, as i listened to this album for the very first time! My girlfriend at the time, god bless her, noticed my "condition" and called the paramedics, but I fought them off bravely!!

Didja know that 3 years after "Act III", Death Angel recorded a self-titled album under the new name "The Organization"? A marked departure from their thrash days, probably not what we'd even call "metal" for that matter, but an enjoyable album nevertheless.

Oh, oops, sorry, this is meant to be a "where are you from?" thread isn't it..:lol: Melbourne, Australia here.

Originally posted by NeXTLiFE
Ahhh, yes, "Kill As One". The lead-in track to the classic, instrumental, title track of "The Ultra Violence" album. For me, a defining album in the history of metal (let alone thrash!).

Awwww love ya already!;)
For me too, it's in my top 5 of all time faves!!! I seem to be the only one who prefers it over act III, I actually sold that one again years later;) So needless to say I was never interested in The O and Swarm, esp. since I almost only listened to thrash at the time...

time to bump this thread:)

where are you guys from? My hometown in Eindhoven, Holland, and I live in Heerlen now, that's in the most southern corner of the country. I very much want to live in Canada though (Regina is our goal), it may happen in some years ;)

I'm a California native and reside in sunny southern CA.

NeXTLiFE said:
Didja know that 3 years after "Act III", Death Angel recorded a self-titled album under the new name "The Organization"? A marked departure from their thrash days, probably not what we'd even call "metal" for that matter, but an enjoyable album nevertheless.

P.S. I have The "O" on cassette........and Act III remains my fave....but should be spinning the Art of Dying more......

Hi people !
I'm from Vitoria-Gasteiz , in the North of Spain.
We'll be in touch in this forum!!!, sorry about my english , i do my best
Nice to meet you