Where the hell are all the reviews..

I'm actually working on my review of Accelerated Evolution for The Metal Observer (www.metal-observer.com) I'll post it as soon as I'm finished. It's definitely getting a 10/10. For those of you that miss it here, just check out The Metal Observer to see it posted there :headbang:

and fro the guys that met the band and took pics with Dev and the DTB or SYL guys, send them in, I'll post them on HDR

Geoff

The official SYL site will have reviews of a couple gigs up shortly along with some other stuff.

xoxoxo
-k-

Here's a short one:
SYL in Toronto was hot as fucking hell.
Besides that, the band was insanely brilliant on stage, though there was a little too much bass rumble in the mix for me to be entirely happy with the sound. And talking to Devin before the show it sounded like he had a cold (though you couldn't tell when he was onstage).
We missed out on All Hail the New Flesh because the sampler couldn't survive the heat, but we got to hear Far Beyond Metal, and a little a capella nursery rhyme about yummy decaying flesh.

Hey llamura, my bestest UM bud who introduced me to Dev. :) How did you manage to talk to Dev before the show? Lucky you. Do you like this new SYL album? I like Devour and the song that says: "ANI-MAL! ANI-MAL! YOU'RE A GOD-DAMN-FUCK-ING ANI-MAL!" However, other than these two, I am having serious difficulty getting into it at all, in fact I'm almost ready to say that the cd sucks ass overall. I liked City enough, never bought the first one. What do you think???

Hey Metal88. How goes it?
I interviewed Devin before the show for my radio program.
I like Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing a little less than City, and SYL even less than HaaRHT. But still, when they were playing the songs live it all blended in nicely (or chaoticly, rather) together.
During the interview Devin mentioned Accelerated Evolution and SYL as being kind of the yin and yang of each other, and suggested listening to them back to back. I haven't tried it yet, but it might produce a little more appreciation/understanding for SYL. We'll see.
I do love AE though. It's up there with Terria and Ocean Machine for me.

It goes well, llamura. :)

I like AE a lot too. It's about as good as anything else he's done. Hard for me to rank his work, except that Ocean Machine is at the bottom for me. (I still love it) Terria won't be beaten for me I don't think, and Infinity is still surely second. Perhaps I could rank AE 3rd ahead of physicist? It's done. AE is third, I've just decided. Hehehe.

One day when I get a fucking cable modem I'll listen to your radio show, perhaps. :mad: