Where to stay in New York for 2 nights?

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

Me and 3 mates are heading via the big apple for 2 nights in July on our way to Kentucky. Anyone got any good recommendations for places to stay (I guess the more central the better)? The cheaper the better too, I could use google, but I thought it would be cool to get some recommendations of a nice place first hand off you dudes who actually live there on a day to day basis.

We should get about 2 1/2 days there before we head for the drive down to the redneckville so feel free to recommend the best of the stuff to do- we'll be hoping to do some sight seeing too as its our first time there.

Flights are like... £750 return at best lol

Cheers,

Kev

AVOID The Pennsylvania Hotel!!

Honestly ithere are no NICE hotels under $150+ a night in NYC. You are better off staying out on Long Island and taking the train into the city. Look along the route of the Long Island Rail Road. Places like Deer Park, Long Beach, Bellmore, Bethpage those are all good middle class neighborhoods and you should be able to find a Motel 6 or something like that around $60 or $70 a night.

From there a 30 minute train ride right into the heart of Manhattan and your good to go without having to pay the premium

Oh as for sightseeing you NEED to do all the typical stuff. Its MANDATORY!

Empire State Building
Time Square
Radio City
Rockefeller Center
Madison Square Garden
Ground Zero
The Intrepid
Central Park and the Central Park Zoo

48th Street is where all the classic music stores are Sam Ash and Mannys (which I think is a sam ash now). If you get some time there is some cool shit out on Long Island to do. You could take the 2 hour train ride out to the Montauk Lighthouse and see some cool shit. Head out to Port Jefferson and walk on the board walk.

Oh and if you like sucking cock you can go to Fire Island :p

I stayed in this motel 4 years ago. Not bad for the price.... no rats, no bugs, no blood on the sheets, no serial killer in the next room.

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=10346

Well it is not really in New York but New Jersey, in the other side of Hudson river. 20 min by bus to the centre of Manhattan. The bus stops just in front of the motel's door.

I forgot to mention that breakfast was shit.

i have been too nyc in december, and we stayed at the amsterdam court hotel... its pretty good locatedin the broadway/timesquare area.. nice and friendly hotel staff,
it was not expensive for that kind of location..the room was quite OK,.. and when you are in NYC, you are only in the hotel to sleep anyway

I usually stay at the W which is really good, but expect to pay $500 a night at minimum. Cheaper options are to stay in Jersey or Long Island, the hotels are pretty good, but don't quote me on that since I've never stayed the night outside of the city.