Where's the 8th album?!?

I will never doubt you again, Jax :worship:

Of course I meant "prevailed" earlier... but yeah, anyway, I can't wait for the new album. My car is craving a new SX album, and my patience has improved since the last.
PoS seem to be taking a long time, but on a side note, they have an EP coming out in November :headbang:

The new cd should be freakin' awesome. MJR told me about one of his ideas & I 'bout freaked out (in a good way)..he just amazes me with the stuff that's in his brain. I'm going to ask him for an 'official' news update the next time I talk to him, & see if he has any tidbits that I can pass along to you all.

The new cd should be freakin' awesome. MJR told me about one of his ideas & I 'bout freaked out (in a good way)..he just amazes me with the stuff that's in his brain. I'm going to ask him for an 'official' news update the next time I talk to him, & see if he has any tidbits that I can pass along to you all.

soon please :D:D:D:D

I know what it is already. He told you there is just going to be one song on the album, that will be 58 minutes and 45 seconds long. It shall be EPIC :hotjump:

Well this made me pretty goddamn antsy and excited.

I know what it is already. He told you there is just going to be one song on the album, that will be 58 minutes and 45 seconds long. It shall be EPIC :hotjump:

No, no! I think this will finally be the Black metal salsa album everybody's been expecting them to do!

Or maybe they switched places...MJR as singer, Russell as guitarist, Rullo as keyboardist, Lepond as drummer and Pinnella as bassist.
That will give them whole different perspective for the new album.

Or maybe they switched places...MJR as singer, Russell as guitarist, Rullo as keyboardist, Lepond as drummer and Pinnella as bassist.
That will give them whole different perspective for the new album.

The possibilities are endless!

some electronics or ambient parts may be :loco::loco:

Correct me if I'm wrong but... isn't everything they use electronic? Cabinets, microphones, keyboards?
Was the Odyssey not electronic enough or something? It was all done on a computer after all.... :loco:

No, no! I think this will finally be the Black metal salsa album everybody's been expecting them to do!

THAT SOUNDS FUNNY!!!!! :headbang:

Well, that depends. If they're just going to pump out another Paradise Lost, no thanks...wait a few years and do something better.

I knew a guy who was introduced to SX via Paradise Lost and he concluded after hearing it that they were 'as generic as they come.' Sad but I can't help but let reality trump my fanboyism.

Oh no its not. Not after you hear all of those European power metal bands. Still...in my book PL comes third to last after DG and their first album. Still like it though.

No. It comes in 2 discs. One normal version and another in reverse, except the singing. 2 albums in one!!!

I honestly registered just to post this, since you guys were talking about it:

Paradise Lost is the album that got me interested in Symphony X. A lot of people might think it's generic, but there are moments on that album that can only be described as "badass." Admittedly, I enjoy The Odyssey and V a lot more now than PL.

Also, I'm with you guys. Can't wait for the new album, but I do hope they take their time. I'm a big fan of DT, but I think a few of their albums could have used more studio work (they put out Train of Thought in like 3 weeks).

EDIT: Uhh, just to fit in, I'll suggest this: The next album will be created entirely on instruments ending in -tar. Guitar, keytar, drumtar, basstar, and vocaltar. They will place lightning rods on the ends of their "-tars" and the video for their single will be shot on a mountain in the middle of a thunderstorm. Right before an enormous instrumental/solo section, all 5 will raise their "-tars" and will be struck by lightning, energizing them with the power of the gods to churn out the most insane shit ever heard.

Welcome DrScorrNorwood! Enjoy your stay here at the Sym X forums!

In my opinion, and as I've stated many times, PL is a return to the band's roots. Less proggy and more metal just like Damnation Game. But PL still has loads of prog influences/time signatures that make it very unique. Wrap your brain around Walls Of Babylon!
V is definitely one of the best metal albums ever made.

I like the idea for your video. You should contact the band's management and see what can be arranged.

I honestly registered just to post this, since you guys were talking about it:

Paradise Lost is the album that got me interested in Symphony X. A lot of people might think it's generic, but there are moments on that album that can only be described as "badass." Admittedly, I enjoy The Odyssey and V a lot more now than PL.

i got in through divine wings of tragedy but i think PL is by far their darkest release, but still not dark enough. i think im the only one here that thinks this but i gotta say that i think PL is my favorite- album- concept- they've made so far. one of the reason i posted this thread to begin with was because i think S-X is in their prime and need to roll with it. i hope the next album is DARK, in the way that Black halo etc is, this is how i like my prog/power metal. and LOTS OF PIANOS.