Where's the land of hope and glory?

was just kidding and pretending not to get the second last word in katie´s sentence XD

haha come on europe, unleash your hate of the brits!
although it's weird, apparently most brits hate being called brits, they want to be called english or scottish or irish or welsh. personally i'm english but with a scottish heritage, so i'm British :D

Scots are just more fun than brits imo, so are welshman. but I do love british humour
haha scots are brits you muppet, they're just not english :p

as long as you understand what they´re saying things are alright....but sometimes that can be a real problem -.-
hahahahahaha a greek band played in glasgow, i was up there, me and my scottish mate were chatting to one of them, the greek could not understand a word he was saying, i ended up being a translator between them hehe

i should put that on my resume: can translate scottish to english!

i mean, the accent can really be hard to figure out when you´re not that language-learning-talented...
i understood if after a few minutes but it took some time, still...

i know a bit...not much though, been working too much on german politics the last year thanks to school...

hahahahahaha a greek band played in glasgow, i was up there, me and my scottish mate were chatting to one of them, the greek could not understand a word he was saying, i ended up being a translator between them hehe

Are you talking about Firewind? They are personal friends of mine (Gus and Bob actually)

Well, I really enjoy all British accents, and practice them quite a lot (with movies mostly. Braveheart etc) so that when British tourists ask me for directions here in Greece, I can answer using their accent!

politics suck

Politicians suck. Politics is a great social science, but unfortunately, while if used correctly it can greatly improve people's lives, it is used to improve certain people's lives and make the rest miserable.

Anyway, if I may return to the original question, when I read the lyrics, the "land..." gives me an impression of a place that sounds very promising, but ultimately has nothing to give. Kinda like U.S.A. with the American dream and all...

It also seems like a great exploration trip to a completely new land. Also, don't forget the song mentions the sea.

So, if we say for example that the journey starts in Scandinavia, and since the lyrics go "over the VAST sea" my guess would be Iceland. It could be a place in Britain, but for some reason, Iceland sounds more like it. To me.

Also: "Northern shores - I'm home"
I'm wondering, what could the northern shores refer to. Could it be Northern European (Belgian etc) shores? The northern part of Scandinavia (which would make sense if Iceland is the "land")

Anyway, perhaps I'm over analyzing stuff and miss the forest here...

Are you talking about Firewind? They are personal friends of mine (Gus and Bob actually)

Well, I really enjoy all British accents, and practice them quite a lot (with movies mostly. Braveheart etc) so that when British tourists ask me for directions here in Greece, I can answer using their accent!

This is one small world! Yeah that's the band. Next time you see either Bob or Gus tell them Katie Bruce (or snake girl) says hi (don't worry, I'm not just some random fan, they do know who I am haha)

See when I went to Greece I did notice that unlike most countries the people are very friendly towards tourists. I got stuck in the train station at the airport for 2 hours until it opened at 6am, bear in mind i've never used an Underground in any country before, and a woman who didn't even speak English saw I was having trouble, came over and showed me how to use the ticket machine, I was so grateful!

don't worry, I'm not just some random fan, they do know who I am haha

I can't see how would one forget you :p !!! Will do!

See when I went to Greece I did notice that unlike most countries the people are very friendly towards tourists.

Haha, it sounds very funny to me, because I can't find a reason not to be friendly! It comes out very natural! I've heard the Irish people really like Greeks by the way! Next time you come to Greece remember to tell me.

OFF TOPIIIIIC...:headbang:

Has anyone given my suggestion thought?

I can't see how would one forget you :p !!! Will do!

Haha, it sounds very funny to me, because I can't find a reason not to be friendly! It comes out very natural! I've heard the Irish people really like Greeks by the way! Next time you come to Greece remember to tell me.

OFF TOPIIIIIC...:headbang:

haha this from a guy who's never met me! :p
wait... you haven't met me have you????

I will do, I was supposed to go again this summer but had a slight money problem, should be going back sometime next year though

and I am one of the queens of off topic, choptza (or whatever his name now is) is failing in his new mod role!

but it's soooo much fun! nah, honestly it just sort of happens, I never aim to take things off topic.... but I will blame Mika! :p (especialy seeing as she's on a train to bloodstock and can't defend herself mwahahahaha)