Where's the land of hope and glory?

Well, if you work in a company that makes surveillance cameras and other "big brother" stuff :heh:

So, as I see, the topic is not going any further for the moment, so, let's take a break with a more personal question everyone. Where is your personal land of hope and glory. In other words, your big or little place in the world which makes you feel best? :Smokin:

Ok, that smilie is totally random but you can also tell us where you find yourselves after a couple of joints:p

Are you talking about Firewind? They are personal friends of mine (Gus and Bob actually)

Well, I really enjoy all British accents, and practice them quite a lot (with movies mostly. Braveheart etc) so that when British tourists ask me for directions here in Greece, I can answer using their accent!

You knew them growing up or how did you befriend them? Me being shy and all...eh...it does not lend itself well to meeting anyone much less people in bands :cry:

Don't worry about being off-topic, the worst I'll do is move the thread to 'Off-Topic' :loco:

lol, the accents in Braveheart do not sound Scottish at all, believe me!

Ah, that's bad. I've talked with a lot of Irish people, but never with a Scottish person. Any movies with typical Scottish accent in mind?

Fenrisúlfr;7527396 said:
You knew them growing up or how did you befriend them? Me being shy and all...eh...it does not lend itself well to meeting anyone much less people in bands :cry:

Don't worry about being off-topic, the worst I'll do is move the thread to 'Off-Topic' :loco:

I met them at a festival, and since then, I keep running into them all the time, and we also have some common friends. I actually grew up in the same neighborhood with Rotting Christ and The Elysian Fields, if you know them.

Wow, it's the first forum I actually feel comfortable being off-topic in :Smokin:

Where is your personal land of hope and glory. In other words, your big or little place in the world which makes you feel best? :Smokin:

on concerts. and on funny aftershow-parties with musicians I know. around people I love, and who love me.
but when it coems toa country it might be even Finland.

Nice one! Hmmm, the only after-show party that I've ever been to was with Ensiferum when they played here. But they are my favorite band so there's not much more more to ask for. But I do envy you people living in countries like Germany, the Netherlands, Finland, Helvetia (as Eluveitie call it!), Britain, because you people do get to meet most of your favorite bands. For all I know, I might never even see Turisas, or Eluveitie or Alestorm live! Not to mention being at an after-show party with them!

I haven't found my "Land..." yet though ...

Actually, I checked your myspace (talk about invading one's privacy!). I always research people I talk with :cool:

Well, I hope to see you here next year my fair lady:p

haha and why do i think it's a certain photo album on my myspace that makes me 'unforgettable'

Fenrisúlfr;7527396 said:

quote of the weekend from bloodstock 'oh no! all my famous friends have gone away!' hehe
haha always makes me laugh when people go all 'fangirl' or 'fanboy' over my friends. we were slightly taking the piss out of some teenage boy get all exciting about talking to Dani from alestorm :p

haha always makes me laugh when people go all 'fangirl' or 'fanboy' over my friends. we were slightly taking the piss out of some teenage boy get all exciting about talking to Dani from alestorm :p

i just had that on saturday, was making me burst out in laughters...

'OMGOMGOMG Gimme some paper quick I NEED to make a fanboy sign!!!'
'Where's Chris? What the Jew?'
GONDOR! So what did Dani think to your buns?

Ok my off-topicness is good for now, plus I think I'll commit myself to epic cheese and say where ever my loved ones are is my land of hope and glory. Being self-centred I would have to say Turku or the park behind Helsinki Railway Station;) I'd happily live there, as a tramp....with no shoes...and a bike:D