Where's the love?

Unfortunately there isn't a lot of things happening for the band at the moment so I guess that's why people don't discuss that much.

But hey I have a question for you. What genre do you class Novembre into? Doom?

No idea. I'm not really sure what "doom" encompasses, I haven't really heard any bands that have been classified as such. This might sound a little cliche', but I really can't classify them, personally (other than just calling them a metal band).

Hm, I know that the term is sometimes overused, but I think "Dark Metal" ...or Progressive Dark Metal would fit Novembre's music. I guess they're too upbeat and varied to be called Doom.

Supermoi said:
Dark metal? I've never heard about that. What bands are considered dark metal?
OMG...hundreds! As I said...the term is often overused and to be honest, I don't really like it, because it's so "blurry". In various mags the reviewers call bands "Dark Metal" that could be called Doom Metal, Gothic Metal, Gothic Doom, Doom/Death, etc. as well. It's mostly the bands that are atmospheric, moody and slow at the same time, that are called "Dark Metal". But IMO I don't know a single band in that 'category' that has a much quality as Novembre has.

Not many people have heard of them I guess, especially here in the US. I think the first album of theirs to even be distributed in the US was Dreams D'Azure. They are nonetheless one of my favorite mellow metal bands. I am looking forward to a new album by them.

Supermoi said:
Unfortunately there isn't a lot of things happening for the band at the moment so I guess that's why people don't discuss that much.

But hey I have a question for you. What genre do you class Novembre into? Doom?

I always thought as atmosferic death ("Wish I Could Dream It Again", "Classica" & "Dreams d'Azur"), Atmosferic Gothic/Death for Novembrine Waltz and Dark for "Arte Novecento"; but in the end every classification is worthless 'cuz the important is MUSIC....

Hi there!
Have attended another beautiful gig of the band, just a couple of months only after their previous gig in my town... it was a small outside summer fest. - the fest is called "Marea"...

Here is the play-list of the band - abt one hour playing:

Intro
Cold Blue Steel
Tales from a winter to come
Nostalgiaplatz
My Starving Bambina
Swim seagull in the sky
Come Pierrot/Everasia
Venezia Dismal
Flower
----------
Radiohead Cover (Street Spirit, correct me, if I'm wrong)
Child of the twilight (live version)
The dream of the old boats

Unfortunately there have been some problems with Carmelo's guitar during the last song and he also made a couple of mistakes (he, he, he) here and there, but everything turned out very well. It was cool, even bcs I had been dreaming for ages to catch 'em playing live outside for a summer fest., so my dream yesterday night has finally come true...

Gonna catch 'em live once again in other 2 months, in the south of Italy, during another summer fest named "Agglutination"... with the Corpsesters (aka Cannibal Corpse) as headliners!

It's just a pity that each time they play live, there is never a song from "Arte Novecento" in the play-list, but "Homecoming" or the Depeche Mode cover "Stripped" sometimes... this last time, there wasn't room for any of these...

that was an amazing setlist... i would die to listen swim seagull in the sky live... a pity they dont play nothing from AN... pioggia, jannuary tunes is so fucking amazing

Yeah, would be cool if they played more songs from "Arte Novecento" but it seems that this is quite a hard record to propose live. Sometimes they still play "Pioggia... January tunes" and even "Homecoming" or the cover "Stripped" - though they were used to play "A memory" in the past, when the record was out. I wrote it also somewhere on the official forum: would be great if one day they could make kind of a semi-acoustic gig and could play some beautiful songs such as "Will", "Carnival" or "Nursery Rhyme" from "AN".

'Oceana' is the name of a band?
I remember that Massimiliano from Novembre played in a band called like this, but I never had the chance to listen anything so far. I'd better check out if something is still available on the official website, as I've always heard/read good things about this band in the past.

Wildhoney said:
I remember that Massimiliano from Novembre played in a band called like this, but I never had the chance to listen anything so far. I'd better check out if something is still available on the official website, as I've always heard/read good things about this band in the past.
I have Oceana's cd. It's a bit like Novembrine Waltz with trashy elements thrown in. It's very good albeit a bit short(it's an ep).

Wildhoney said:

i didnt know which nick i should take for ultimatemetal, and then i thought of massimiliano's band :D ... and the ep is very nice