which album next?

sands of the seas

Of Another World
Jul 18, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
I'm somewhat of a new Opeth fan. I've liked them for about a month now and i own the album Blackwater Park. This album kicks major ass and now i have to figure out which album to get next. I was thinking Still Life, but now i'm thinking Morningrise. I'm still not really sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

It all depends on which parts of BWP you liked best...if you really enjoyed the acoustics and clear vocals, Still Life would be the next logical choice...if you enjoyed the melodies, Morningrise would be you choice, if you enjoyed the flat-out heavy playing with a mix of acoustics, Orchid...

If you enjoyed the complexities of arrangements, the melodies, the emotion, the acoustics, every aspect of what makes Opeth great....there is no choice but.....My Arms, Your Hearse

Originally posted by JesusChristPose
It all depends on which parts of BWP you liked best...if you really enjoyed the acoustics and clear vocals, Still Life would be the next logical choice...if you enjoyed the melodies, Morningrise would be you choice, if you enjoyed the flat-out heavy playing with a mix of acoustics, Orchid...

If you enjoyed the complexities of arrangements, the melodies, the emotion, the acoustics, every aspect of what makes Opeth great....there is no choice but.....My Arms, Your Hearse
Well i enjoy all aspects of BWP really, but the title track was probably my favourite, although, for a while i wasn't able to stop listening to Bleak. I've also downloaded a couple of other songs like Face Of Melinda and that was also my favourite song for a while. I think i'll make a spontaneous decision between Morningrise, Orchid, Still Life and My Arms Your Hearse when i am next buying one :lol:
Thanks for the help everyone