Which album would you like to hear front to back live?

orcslayr23

Jan 30, 2008
CT, USA
This seems to be a trend with bands these days, playing an album front to back live. If IF were to do this at some point, which album would you like to hear?

Like Metallica with the Black Album?

Haha, man it's a good job Master of Puppets and a couple of other classics were on first...

Anyway, In Flames. I'd like to see their latest record played in it's entirety, it just has alot of variety and flows really well as a whole. They play LOADS of material off the record anyway, and it'd be a brilliant finale to have A New Dawn and Liberation with an orchestra backdrop. Would be epic to say the least, then an encore of In Flames' most well known hits (Only for the Weak, Take this Life).

Which would you like to see played in full?

Like Metallica with the Black Album?

Haha, man it's a good job Master of Puppets and a couple of other classics were on first...

Anyway, In Flames. I'd like to see their latest record played in it's entirety, it just has alot of variety and flows really well as a whole. They play LOADS of material off the record anyway, and it'd be a brilliant finale to have A New Dawn and Liberation with an orchestra backdrop. Would be epic to say the least, then an encore of In Flames' most well known hits (Only for the Weak, Take this Life).

Which would you like to see played in full?

The scenario you described sounds pretty good, I love their new album and would love to hear A New Dawn live.

So as to not be repetitive, aside from SOAPF, i'd like to see A Sense of Purpose (which would never happen since so many IF fans are "too cool" for that album) or Clayman played in their entirety. If they did ASOP i'd really like to hear the bonus tracks off The Mirror's Truth EP, but since they normally play around 16 songs live they probably wouldn't be able to play the bonus tracks AND an encore of greatest hits...

I like how Metallica played the Black Album and Ride the Lighting backwards. As for IF, I would say Colony just so I could hear those growls the entire night.

i'd like to see A Sense of Purpose (which would never happen since so many IF fans are "too cool" for that album)

It's nothing to do with being "too cool" for the album, it's just a steaming pile of shit and most people recognise that. If that's being "too cool" then great. If you want to see that live I can only assume you are a sadomasochist.

Anyhow, it'd be one of Colony/Clayman for me. Probably Clayman. I'd like to hear SOAPF in its entirety too, it's a great record.

Perhaps the biggest joke of all is that the only album they've played in its entirety and then released on DVD is Soundtrack To Your Escape. This band are a bunch of fucking trolls at times.

Colony.

That is the definitive In Flames album for me, although I'd say alot of my other favorites come from the Jester Race, Whoracle and Clayman.

Colony, from beginning to end, would be one hell of a ride.

This is a tough question. Probably Clayman, but I'd love to hear Whoracle and The Jester Race from start to finish too, though with IF being the way they are now, I don't see that happening.

1. The Jester Race
2. Soundtrack to Your Escape (far too epic it already landed on DVD, fabulous performance btw)
3. Reroute to Remain

4. Whoracle
5. Colony

but above all I'd like to hear Stand Ablaze live one day.

Unfortunately won't ever happen. Nothing of those. They'd rather play a new record front to back. Too bad, cause old IF albums are legendary.

If you want to see that live I can only assume you are a sadomasochist.

Close but no banana. I genuinely enjoy the album. It's also kind of surprising that you like SOAPF and not ASOP. I think stylistically they're pretty similar, aside from SOAPF's better production and guitarwork. SOAPF is definitely a better album, I agree.

Close but no banana. I genuinely enjoy the album. It's also kind of surprising that you like SOAPF and not ASOP. I think stylistically they're pretty similar, aside from SOAPF's better production and guitarwork. SOAPF is definitely a better album, I agree.

Never say anything except that last sentence to me again. :mad:

ASOP is not really that close to SOAPF. SOAPF has much better song structures, (not just the same formula over and over again), varying vocal styles, more metaphors, etc.

I would pay any amount of money to see In Flames play Colony front to back. It'd be worth it just for Zombie Inc.