Which amp should I get?

Warheart666

Nothing.
Feb 6, 2005
MD
The Line 6 Spider II 112, or the crate fxt65? I'm looking for an amp somewhere in between $275 to $325, and so far this is what I've narrowed it down. They both seem to have really good good features, and also seem to have some flaws. I've read that the Line 6's effects settings are a pain to cycle through, and I've also heard that Crate amps have reliability problems. Could you guys help me make an informed decision. Oh and by the way, I'll be playing all types of metal(obviously) with the addition of hardcore/metalcore. I also wouldn't mind a relatively good clean channel as well. Help me decide!

i use that same Crate as a practice amp, i think it's pretty nice sounding. my other amp, for comparison's sake, is a Marshall stack...

i've never really liked Line 6. their tone has always had a "digital" edge to it that i didn't like, but ultimately bro, the choice is yours.

I've done some researching, and it seems like both of those amps aren't very good. Right now I think I've settled on the Vox Valvetronic AD50VT 1x12. So far it looks very good, and I have gotten good recommendations. But can someone tell me if it has the ability to make that agressive, sharp tone used in metalcore....and everything else -core out there?

Personally I dont like the heavy distortion on the VOX advt amps. It sounds a bit muddy and it isnt sharp at all. I'm not sure if the distortion is enough for metalcore either

The best amp under 1200$ is the carvin 2 channel amp, I have a 2x12, its loud as fuck, easy to carry, and you can get a lot of different sounds out of it. It is the shit.

BlackMetalTyrant said:
The best amp under 1200$ is the carvin 2 channel amp, I have a 2x12, its loud as fuck, easy to carry, and you can get a lot of different sounds out of it. It is the shit.

I've seen that, and how I wish I could get it...but $375 is my budget as of right now.

o
you arent gonna get anything gigworthy and good for under 375, unless you go used, and I hate buying used amps because with all the electronics in an amp, so much can go wrong, and I dont trust it.