Which Down album do you like best?

Which record is better?

• Down-Nola

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Down-II

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Damn names, had to Google again...So Phillip Anselmos is the former Pantera singer. Haha, put the band behind every name please guys, my mind is to cheezy to store them names...Never heard Down eather, maybe worth to check out...

Get yours today!
It was kinda hard for me to find when I was looking for the Down II record.
In the second record it's got Phill Anselmo(Pantera), Kirk Windstein(Crowbar), Rex Brown(Pantera), Jimmi Bower(Eye hate god), and Pepper Keenan(C.O.C). the first record had the bassist from crowbar and I don't know what happened to him but I'm glad Rex joined the line up.

madcheese9377 said:
In the second record it's got Phill Anselmo(Pantera), Kirk Windstein(Crowbar), Rex Brown(Pantera), Jimmi Bower(Eye hate god), and Pepper Keenan(C.O.C).

What the hell is Pepper Keenan doing hanging out with those guys?!! Forget that and put out a new COC album.

Greeno said:
What the hell is Pepper Keenan doing hanging out with those guys?!! Forget that and put out a new COC album.
Well they've all been best friends since they were younger and used to jam together, That's how the Nola record got recorded. they were just jamming out and wrote all this stuff on a tape and passed it around in the under ground.
But I would really like to see a new COC album too.

Greeno said:

Yeah! Are C.O.C. still around anyway? I love Wiseblood! About Down, I like Nola, Stone The Crow is pretty cool. I bought Down II but I only heard it once. I think I sold it..

Pepper is hangin out with em coz he and Jimmy Bower have been friends since childhood, and Jimmy has been friends with Phil for almost as long. they have both been writing material for Superjoint Ritual together since just before Cowboys From Hell Came out. I prefer Down II a tiny bit more. but if you listen to both of the albums you will noticed that II has a definite Zeppelin feeling to it and Nola sounds like Black Sabbath.

Jaar-Gilon said:
Pepper is hangin out with em coz he and Jimmy Bower have been friends since childhood, and Jimmy has been friends with Phil for almost as long. they have both been writing material for Superjoint Ritual together since just before Cowboys From Hell Came out. I prefer Down II a tiny bit more. but if you listen to both of the albums you will noticed that II has a definite Zeppelin feeling to it and Nola sounds like Black Sabbath.
I like this guy. knows more than I do too. and you're right about that Zeppelin and Sabbath sound too, thats what they were aiming for with the first one, and the II is my favorite. I gotta find it and get it before I go into a store with my guitar and try to hold them up for it. :D i should prbably move this to the general Musicians Discussion, theres not many people who've heard these guys yet, but I like the idea of sorta spreading the word on (IMO) good jams.Later-RJAIII-

madcheese9377 said:
Didn't like it or just didn't care for it?

I thought it was quite boring. I wasn't even going to buy it, but we got this extra money at work and I bought like 30 or 40 CDs, saw that one at the store and thought, what the hell? One more :p

I can see that, I like to listen to 'sleep music' (as I call it.) it's good to just phaze out someitmes. for me I can lose my temper and just walk outside pissed off and just wander around to calm myself. living with a bunch of people that only listen to mojo music too damn loud and watch spanish channel loud enough to wake the fucking dead! I have to get out and sometimes I just take out my sleep jams and space out for an hour or so. sometimes though i do need that rip your head off metal or some good Pantera and Iced earth, to get me goin' for the day. the right song in my head will keep me in a good mood long enough to get through work. I can see how not everyone would like that style of music, I'ts a downer sometimes and that's pretty much what they were aiming for. later-RJAIII-