• stengah

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • stengah (2)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • can't tell the difference/can't decide

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
+20000

This is obviously so we don't treat him like he has some sort of forum addiction and he has to inject ten posts a day to get off or something.

If we can't force the post count I put forward the notion that we just treat him like we have no idea who he is :lol:

:oops:

*waits for people to come in now and explain how the difference is night and day*

Yuppp

Just for the record I am in no way suggesting that 8 bits are enough or anything stupid. The noise floor is so much higher, much much too high. However, the actual audible difference in quality is pretty damn small.

I had a feeling it had something to do with conversion, given our recent conversations - at least I feel somewhat vindicated with my observations, but jesus what a subtle difference, especially since it went all the way down to 8 bits! Of course, with more dynamic, acoustic music I'd imagine the differences would be much more noticeable - cool test dude! (for what this n00b's opinion is worth :D)

I wonder if the difference will be so small if the entire process if recording the instruments was done at 8bit instead of just converting down a finished mix

10 minutes listening through akg heaphone and behriger truth, can' tell the differnece, sometimes my brain telling me that the 1 is a brighter, after a few minutes, 2 is brighter lol ,i really can't hear the difference