Reactive vs Resistive loads (Clips inside)

Which clip do you prefer?

• A

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • B

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
eh, i would really like to, but its put together in such way i would break warranty if trying to take it apart :(

I could upload a phone video, but i will spare you that. But i can tell it Works great, i have used it everytime ive used an amp since the day i got it :)

The speaker is probably coneless. That's what I would like to build, but with a spring to simulate the air pressure in the cab. Do you have the Corvus load box? Would you be willing to try using the thru jack on it into this, and applying an IR, adding a bit of saturation from the Corvus?

Yeah, although I'm not so sure about the coneless part (according to the sound it produce).
The good part is that this "box" is much smaller than any 1x12 cab you'll find on the market, as this one was NOT built to sound good, just to eat the load, so it's basically a HP locked into 6 planks.
You can use the Corvus loadbox or similar with it, and you'll have the choice between resistive or reactive load.
That's what I plan to do, because I'm not sure that using a DI for that task isn't altering the tone (I did the test with an Avalon U5 and a Countryman Type85, the Countryman was a bit better but both produced a scary amount of high end).

EDIT : I don't have the Corvus loadbox, but I plan to buy it.

The speaker is coneless, it is still making noise because the coil is still moving air, while not as much if it did have a cone, it is still moving air nonetheless.

Are you sure about the Tonehound ?
I mean, did you opened one or do you know someone at Tubetown ?

Beacause I never heard a coneless speaker, but I think it should produce a very thin tone with no bass at all, and with the Tonehound it's almost the contrary, it produces a very muffled tone.
But it's hard to tell, as it can be a coneless speaker PLUS some foam or similar to attenuate the tone.

It could have been another company that made the same thing, but I remember reading a writeup by the company about how they used a gutted speaker motor without a cone just to give the impedance and could movement reactance and making little sound. It was talked about here on the Sneap forum, but its been awhile ago.