Please, help to do an experiment!

I don't believe it, since there are just some particular frequencies being cancelled. If I slightly move one of the clips, there´s not that amount of cancellation and the frequencies being cancelled vary. Anyway, I'll play a bit more with this in the evening.

that sounds like it's not lined up perfectly

that sounds like it's not lined up perfectly
My guess as well. I'm not saying you did it wrong but maybe due to different CD manufacturers on of the cds is an offset of some ms in comparison to the other cd?

Insert PhaseBug (http://www.betabugsaudio.com/plugs.php - bottom right of the page) on one of the tracks an start turning the wheel. Somewhere around the 180 mark there should be silence. (No silence to be expected at exactly 180 - You've had that check with phase-flip already.)

Thankyou very much for the advice guys.

I tried it and yes, using the delay (the jap version was 0,1 s delayed) there's a point where nothing can be listened. So, they're absolutely the same thing :lol:

So now it's time to say it:

mythbusters_busted_spray.png

[...] I tried it and yes, using the delay (the jap version was 0,1 s delayed) there's a point where nothing can be listened. [...]
You are missing a 0 here, aren't you? If 0,1 s is the right number the difference would have been clearly visible in the pictures of the two versions you posted above. If they really show 0,35 s the 0,1 difference would if been nearly a third (!) of that image.

Also did you try it with the PhaseBug as well? I'm curious if that gives the same result - from what I understand it should.
In case you didn't: Would you provide me with a few seconds of the to audio files (preferably from the start upwards) so I could try it myself?

Oh, that pic is actually taken after I tried to synch the clips by moving them by hand. But you're right anyway. The difference was less than 0,1s since the unit was milisecond, not second (and not exactly 0,1 since I was working with the previously "synch by hand" clips).

I tried it again with the clips in their original position and here are the values of the Latency Delay in the EU track to reach the phase cancellation

60842617.jpg

Definitely much less than 0,1s :lol:

Here the files, so you can proof it by yourself! Name file is EU-JAP