Which drum software do you think I should get?

Dude, I know your presets and you always boost the shit out of the mids (at least you were).
The Sonor-snare brings an aweful amount of clangy frequencies. The Tama-Snare sounds great and so does the DW Craviotto, when treated right. I struggled to get a real punchy and mighty snare (also having bulb's in mind), but I think I'm on the right way now. You just HAVE to treat AD more extreme than you maybe would treat a real drumset. I don't additionally treat AD in Logic (except of a bit of saturation on top).

I would definitly go for AD - but I'm also very interested in getting DFHS to play around with.

I re-eq'd some shit, especially on the kick. I just can't get the snare to work with me, tho, and my EQ'ing, like I said is very extreme to the point of not being 'healthy' anymore...

I recommend Addictive Drums with external effects (or internal + external). I tried Eastwest DFH2, EZ+DFH and some thing inside Sonar etc. and AD is the best in my opinion (it´s a pitty that it have not good internal bank of midi grooves for metal as EZ drummer has).

Dude, get some of the user presets from this forum. I thought AD was pretty average till I heard guys here 'work it' like a Thai hooker on crack whose Mom was her lesbian pot dealer and pimp. Trust me, that's fuckin workin it. And she has this trick with ping pong balls that --- Anyway... get some user presets. I can send you the ones I've got from here and XLN Audios' site. I know dick about mixing/processing raw drums so the presets I got were both necessary and very infomative seeing how these guys set things to get the sounds they did.

Dude hook it up! :headbang: