Which equipment was used in Discouraged Ones?

Darestan

New Metal Member
Apr 23, 2005
I really wonder which guitars,FX they used in that album.The tone is sooo sweet!!

I hope they would write the equipment list for each album on the website someday(like opeth! )

Darestan said:
I really wonder which guitars,FX they used in that album.The tone is sooo sweet!!

I hope they would write the equipment list for each album on the website someday(like opeth! )

anders: i think i borrowed peter from opeth's jackson guitar for this one, boss metalzone, boss chorus, boss digital delay, small peavy combo
fred: i think he had a fender telecaster with seymour duncan pickups, boss metalzone, boss chorus, boss digital delay, small marshall combo

the sound has A LOT to do with Skogbserg/sunlight studios.
it's very characteristic and traditional for that place.

Blakkheim said:
anders: i think i borrowed peter from opeth's jackson guitar for this one, boss metalzone, boss chorus, boss digital delay, small peavy combo
fred: i think he had a fender telecaster with seymour duncan pickups, boss metalzone, boss chorus, boss digital delay, small marshall combo

Hi, Anders. You're a God. \v/

Blakkheim said:

You wouldn't happen to remember the settings that you used for the Metalzone?

sorry cant remember that... i stopped using the metalzone 6 years ago... when that pedal first came out... wow... the sustain and tubelike register... do they still sell that pedal?

Blakkheim said:
sorry cant remember that... i stopped using the metalzone 6 years ago... when that pedal first came out... wow... the sustain and tubelike register... do they still sell that pedal?

I picked up a Metal Zone a few years back, but quickly dumped it for a BOSS OD-20 twin pedal. Since then my metal zone has been gathering dust!

Blakkheim said:

yes, i believe they do. it's by Boss, right? if that's the one you guys are speaking of, then yes, Anders, they still make it ^_^

I got a metal zone years ago now and i remember thinking it was the greatest sound ever! I also remember it took ages to use properly cause their is so much you can do on it

jptk said:
I got a metal zone years ago now and i remember thinking it was the greatest sound ever! I also remember it took ages to use properly cause their is so much you can do on it

I also remember the horrible buzzing you can get with it. But damn it was a great pedal for feedback :headbang: