what do you think of Discouraged Ones?

It represents a very interesting era for Katatonia.

I'd give it a 8.5 or 9 out of 10. It's a very good album.

I listened to it for the first time today, and, oh, why did I not discover this album before? I love it! This must be the best I have heard for a very long time! I am going to buy it tomorrow, and I do not think I will be wrong in beliving that this will soon be my favourite Katatonia-album. I have never heard so much melancholy in music before.

...And I though Last Fair Deal Gone Down was depressive...

Well, my (ex) gilrfriend's mother played 'discouraged ones' for me back in '98, and i was blown away! (thx tina). i think she actually got it from fred, since we all live(d) in avesta back then...

for me D.O is the most important CD in my katatonia collection, with so much memories brought up by the kataboys...
"what am i supposed to be?"...............argh!:erk:

man i thought it was weak when i first heard it. and then everytime i tried to change the cd my hand would freeze and id just press play. its now one of my top 3 albums of all time. everysong is perfect EXCEPT the last one which i think shouldnt even exist. i just hate it. if it had ended on Instrumental i would of been happy. it might as well cause i never listent o distrust anyways. And i give the award for most depressing song ever to Gone. and last resort i think is the best on the album. best katatonia album ever, though soon to be outdone by TGCD. i think.

Drk4fearofailure said:
....EXCEPT the last one which i think shouldnt even exist. i just hate it....

Well, it may happen that you'll understand that song later, cause sometimes I didn't like it as well, and considered it to be the worst on the album..
And now it's one of my favorite...
Just listen to Jonas's voice when he sings "...oblivion..".. this word lasts so long and sadly, it just freezes your heart...
And the refrains are full of despair...
Very deep & dark song...

agnostik said:
Well, it may happen that you'll understand that song later, cause sometimes I didn't like it as well, and considered it to be the worst on the album..
And now it's one of my favorite...
Just listen to Jonas's voice when he sings "...oblivion..".. this word lasts so long and sadly, it just freezes your heart...
And the refrains are full of despair...
Very deep & dark song...

It's BY FAR the best song on the album....in fact it's BY FAR the best Katatonia song ever....with day and punishment!