Which is better... Spartacus or Game Of Thrones?

Although, you know what? Jaime was a really conflicted character in the books, and they're making him out to be more of a sociopath in the TV series. He's a lot of things, but not a kinslayer.

Also, I have no idea what's going on with Danaeres right now. In the books, she went to The House of The Undying of her own accord.

I read some of the books, not a fan. It's not like I have any issue liking popular shit, fuck knows I adore the shit out of Steven Seagal and Michael Bay, but I just don't get GoT. It's passed me by for some reason.

are you fucking tripping

No, I'm not fucking tripping.

Hmm, I wonder why they skipped over her time working in Harrenhall entirely in the TV series? Maybe because it was pointless and nothing happened. I could go on about how absolutely nothing she did mattered whatsoever, but I'm getting ready to sleep soon so I'll leave it at this.

Arya is simply a point of view character to shed light on more important characters. (Gendry etc) That's even the purpose she's serving in the show right now with Tywin, using scenes that were never even in the book.

The same could be argued with Sansa to a lesser extent (see Joffery, The Hound, Littlefinger), but at least it's obvious she's going to become more important near the end. Arya is nearly pointless to the plot, even if she's adorable to watch.

And now, by the time of the current book, she's a blind elite 12 year old assassin? Sorry, that's fucking silly, even for fantasy.

You could take this character out of the plot, and NOTHING WOULD BE DIFFERENT!

DUDE WTF. NO MORE SPOILERS. I HAVEN'T READ ALL THE BOOKS YET.

Also, they didn't skip over Harrenhal...she's at Harrenhal right now in the series serving the Lannister while incognito. Are you even watching the series?

Shit, sorry. I thought nearly everyone watching had read the books.

Well, for what it's worth, they said they're going to stray from the books even more in season 3, so at this point no one know whats going to happen.

It goes without saying that the books are much better; they explain everything in a much clearer way (if such a thing can be done) and they add lots of depth to the story that gets glossed over in the series. That said, the series is as close to the books as you can get without being an audio book.

Don't worry about the spoiler, man :lol: Just please don't reveal anything earth-shattering, hehe.

That said, I would actually LIKE them to stray from the books more. I'm hesitant to keep reading the books because so far they parallel the series (actually it's the other way around), and there's nothing worse than going to a movie that mimics a book unless it's very epic.

It's really impossible to have this argument without dumping spoilers all over the place, so I'll just say that Arya's actions in books 2 and 3 (particularly 2) have some pretty significant effects on the War of the Five Kings, and that if your sole standards for judging a character are "how much do they affect the plot?" I honestly don't know how much you're getting out of ASOIAF. It's a character-driven series, and Martin likes to spend time meandering in his world as setup and simply to tell little self-contained stories. Thus far, Arya's has been partially one of those, and I think it's a particularly stellar one.