Which media player do you use?

MasterOLightning

Optimator
Jun 3, 2003
Chicago
www.myspace.com
I would have liked to make this a poll, but I just don't know what other people use. I ask because I've been using Windows Media Player for a while. I happen to like having my files in .wma form. However, the newest incarnation of WMP sucks horribly and is full of bugs, so I want to change. Any thoughts on the best player?

I use Winamp. Works fine for me, especially the organization and searching and file compatibility.

The shoutcast radio can be fun sometimes too.

Winamp because the media library is GREAT. also its low on CPU usage and has easy controls. the default skin doesn't suck either.

i use WMP for movie clips mostly.

players i despise: Quicktime & RealPlayer. realplayer is the most awful thing ever invented. its more spyware than player.

I did like the organization of WMP, but the new version has all sorts of identification problems, and I have to rename just about every file I download so it ends up in the right place. Even then, albums will appear two or three times on the albums list, cluttering things up.

Foobar. It can do whatever you want, it can read almost anything you throw at him and if not, there are plenty of plug-ins.
It's fully customisable and offers a great sound quality, which is why it's used by most audio-enthusiast.

Winamp. Anyone who says anything other than Winamp or Foobar needs shooting. Hard. In the face.

Gallantry over Docility said:
WMP, not the new version though.

I was really happy with the old version of WMP. I wish there was some way to downgrade. Maybe they'll have a better version out, but it was starting to turn into Realplayer with all the ads. So far it looks like I'll give Foobar a try.

I hate iTunes

I always liked WMP for it's media library, but then Winamp developed a media library as well, so now I use winamp.

I do like WMP for album covers though.

winamp is the best. It has free plugins and cooler looking skins.It also has winamp radio and tv and takes up less space. WMP also has streaming radio but its like shit quality like 100 kbps at the most and not as good metal stations