Which modeling pedal should I get?

May 12, 2005
Sweden
www.egonaut.se
Hi dudes!
It seems like I'm gonna do some stand in gigs with a band this spring-summer including some festivals in europe and possibly russia.

Since they're flying to all gigs bringing my rig (5150, G-Major, pedals and 2 marshall cabs) is out of the question so I need to get some kind of modeling gear that's easier to lug around.

I need a couple of cleans with and without effects, a "Goddamn" metal rhythm tone and a descent leadtone (think Friedman).

So far I've been checking out Boss GT-8, POD XT and X3 Live and the Vox Tonelab. What do you guys recommend getting and why?

My Podxt and FBV express foot controller have served me extremely well; they're a guaranteed killer sound through any power amp and cab

I'm totally for the pod xt because its inexpensive, small, lightweight and sounds awesome. Even if you went with the pod xt pro it is still only a 2 rack space unit and weighs less than 1/4 of standard amp heads or cabs alone. On top of the facts that it is infinitely upgradeable with model packs, drivers, firmware and patches which there are several thousands online not to mention the countless patches you'd put together yourself. Also if your band felt like recording while you're on the road you can plug directly into whatever and get awesome sound instantly without needing extra mics and cords that cost even more money and take up even more room (granted not much but still takes up room).