Which of the 'classic' bands is producing the best music today?

I'm gonna go with Slayer. They have stayed the course through all of thier carreer. Hard to believe they have been around 25 years??? I remember thinking back when I was around 18 or so if I would be listening to bands like Slayer and such when I became 30,40 and beyond. Well, I'm going to be 35 in a little over a week and I'm still thrashing away to these guys! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Can't wait for the next release and tour. I'll be buying it the day it comes out and I will be at the show when they come to Tampa!!!!

SickBoy said:
Well, Manilla did have a string of awful albums in the early 90s, IIRC...

They had one album in the 90's, and it wasn't even a Manilla Road album. It was a Mark Shelton side project.

JonnyD said:
IMO Dirty Diamonds is absolutely awful! and I love Alice Cooper :erk:

Really? :cry:

Damn I'm about to order it next week or so, I'll need to heard it first then

well of course i think maiden is still doing the best, as i always thought. next would probably be dio. they are my 2 favorite "classic" bands. although i must admit, nowawayds i find myself listening less and less to those old bands (other than maiden). for some reason, my musical interests have been centered around power/melodic metal like blind guardian, demons and wizards, sonata arctica, stratovarius, tad morose, nocturnal rites, gamma ray, freedom call, ect.

JonnyD said:
Do Hear it First!!!! after the country song I coulnt listen to it anymore!

Well country can be that bad, after all the checker shirt guy did KISS :lol:

Thanks for the hint, I'll preview the album prior to purchase ;)

Well JD I guess that:

a) you're not a high fan of AC
b) we definitively have very different taste (no shit Sherlock!) :p

but I have found the new album extremely pleasurable. A lot of vintage Coop in it, it continues the trend of "The Eyes Of Alice Cooper" and I found a lot of "Muscle Of Love" and "Whiskey & Lace" influence in it.

I suppose that the "country" song is 'The Saga Of Jesse Jane', which is a beuatiful song with lots of 'Desperado' and 'The Ballad Of Dwight Fry" in it.

The one that can be annoying is the last one 'Stand' because it has a rap segment that get on my nerves, all and all now I feel confortable to buy it :D

Fates Warning. Those guys have been around for 22 years (plus,) practically created prog-metal and get very little attention. Their last release, FWX (2004) was very good in my ears.

Bryant

Wyvern said:
Well JD I guess that:

a) you're not a high fan of AC
b) we definitively have very different taste (no shit Sherlock!) :p

but I have found the new album extremely pleasurable. A lot of vintage Coop in it, it continues the trend of "The Eyes Of Alice Cooper" and I found a lot of "Muscle Of Love" and "Whiskey & Lace" influence in it.

I suppose that the "country" song is 'The Saga Of Jesse Jane', which is a beuatiful song with lots of 'Desperado' and 'The Ballad Of Dwight Fry" in it.

The one that can be annoying is the last one 'Stand' because it has a rap segment that get on my nerves, all and all now I feel confortable to buy it :D

I LOVE ALICE COOPER dude! I really do but the last 2 albums havnt done much for me! Alice is funny like that though sometimes he makes records one group off ppl will like and then records that the other group will like ..... that and we really do have very different tastes in music hahaha sometimes tho we do agree :wave:

JonnyD said:
I LOVE ALICE COOPER dude! I really do but the last 2 albums havnt done much for me! Alice is funny like that though sometimes he makes records one group off ppl will like and then records that the other group will like ..... that and we really do have very different tastes in music hahaha sometimes tho we do agree :wave:

Extra cool bro, you really makes UMOS shine! ;)

Maiden, Alice Cooper, Danzig, Kreator... really, a lot of the classic bands are shelling out some "primo" albums these days :headbang:

Btw when is Dirty Diamonds out?

Pabla said:
Maiden, Alice Cooper, Danzig, Kreator... really, a lot of the classic bands are shelling out some "primo" albums these days :headbang:

Btw when is Dirty Diamonds out?

August 2. I'm going to order it along with an album that comes out on August 9 to round the haul (and to go over my CC cut day :erk: ).