Which Opeth song would you use to make a video?

Purple Haze

Left To Rot
May 12, 2008
Costa Rica
As the title says, and as I was listening to Blackwater Park (the song) in the bus, , images came to my mind, and I though that it would be fun doing a video based on those images, or at least a concept

Which song would you choose? And well if you want to, share the concept that you would make for the video

If this thread was made before, sorry , I didn't use the search function

I got a concept running out the idea of someone running away from darkness and some hounds, in a twisted dark and full of mud forest, and in a certain part he got caught by the hounds, but he could scape, but with some flesh wounds, and he finish himself claiming for help at the end, and "he" wanting his surrender...I know, its not what the lyrics said, but I though of this, with Harlequin Forest

Blackwater Park, whenever i listen to it I imagine the earth getting fucked because of the whole pollution, global dimming, global warming and wars and the humanity is fading away, and the earth collapse on itself and turn into a black whole eventually.

lol what, are you saying the videos to burden, porcelain heart and grand conjuration do not add another dimension to the songs? :zombie:

Blackwater Park, whenever i listen to it I imagine the earth getting fucked because of the whole pollution, global dimming, global warming and wars and the humanity is fading away, and the earth collapse on itself and turn into a black whole eventually.

i assume you mean the song. just looking at the lyrics for the first time... you know... I'm not sure if Mike would have intended it to be a song about the environment, but lines like this strongly support your imagination:

"Of the tragedies in man
Lurking in the core of us all"

"We have all lost it now
Catching the flakes of dismay"

"I am just a spectator
An advocate documenting the loss"

"Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater park"

I get this feeling Mike is writing as an individual hopeless and confused about society. He sees the problems society or the earth faces; but yet he is unable to do anything about it. This could definately be about Global warming! The last line gives it away. Someone bring this up in an interview.

Read the whole lyrics to this song: http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/opeth/blackwaterpark.html#8.

Hint : never consider that some lyrics talk about something specifically if you are only able to take a few lines from it to prove you thesis. You must take in consideration every single lines and explain them.

Ghost of perdition!!! Definitely.The video would have something to do with a bride,and her husband that kills her.And then her spirit wanders trough a deserted house.Surely not a new idea,but the images just come to my mind whenever i play that song.

Ending the song at 6:48 instead of 7:54 (the repeat has always annoyed me), I always thought a video for Dirge for November could be quite lovely. The contrasts in the song provoke a lot of interesting imagery. Making a song with a suicide not seem too angst-full would certainly be difficult, though.

i assume you mean the song. just looking at the lyrics for the first time... you know... I'm not sure if Mike would have intended it to be a song about the environment, but lines like this strongly support your imagination:

"Of the tragedies in man
Lurking in the core of us all"

"We have all lost it now
Catching the flakes of dismay"

"I am just a spectator
An advocate documenting the loss"

"Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater park"

I get this feeling Mike is writing as an individual hopeless and confused about society. He sees the problems society or the earth faces; but yet he is unable to do anything about it. This could definately be about Global warming! The last line gives it away. Someone bring this up in an interview.

Read the whole lyrics to this song: http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/opeth/blackwaterpark.html#8.
Yeah, I meant the song.
@ 6:55 and 7:44 are the ideal sounds of an earthquake !!!
Yeah, maybe Mike was writing the song from the perspective of Satan if not Satan himself :Smokedev:

Not the most original answer, but I really think Demon of the Fall would be a great video. I think there's some very creepy imagery that could go with that acoustic breakdown.