which song would you like to be played in your own funeral or burial interment?

gercab

New Metal Member
Dec 4, 2002
mexico
Visit site
What Opeth song would you like to be remembered with?

which Opeth song would you like to be played in your own burial interment? (As a last will )

For me, to be remembered with it would be Harvest.

To be played at my funeral or burial or whatever, it would be Nevermore - The Heart Collector or To Bid You Farewell.

Ive already agreed with my girlfriend that Opeth is going to be the song playing at our wedding hehe. I said, 'Well, Im not marrying you UNLESS I get to play Opeth, Harvest or Still Day'
:D

\m/

Cradle Of Filth Of Dark Blood and Fucking. No, to be honest, I don't know. Possibly Toploader Dancing In The Moonlight or Coldplay Trouble. I think, given 2 minutes of thought (yes, I thought for 2 minutes here, hehe) it will probably be Given To Fly by Pearl Jam.

...for absent friends...

it would be perfect...epilogue works as well

"The funeral portrait" :p

Neh, i'd have them play Air Born by Camel...

ah yeah for absent friends would be perfect. but i dunno. i don't plan on dying yet :) heheh. my sis always says she wants "alive" by pearl jam played hehe. and for my mum's funeral it's gonna be as happy as it can be.

I've thought about this before, and I don't really know. I guess 'Thorns on my Grave' by Emperor would be cool from a lyrical standpoint: "This body should remain concealed, for it holds every disease ever exposed, It holds all pain and death I could never unleash."

Yeah, I'd want my funeral to be a really harrowing affair :D

I want Nine Inch Nails - The Ground Below to be played at my funeral. "I can still feel you, even so far away..." hehe, make the buggers paranoid. ;)

If I had to choose Opeth, I suppose TBYF.

If it has to be Opeth then "Epilogue", "Creedence" or "To bid you farewell".
If it doesn't necessarily have to be Opeth then: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29505
I have a few additions to that thread though:
Oscar Peterson: “Wheatland”
Dusty Springfield: “Summer is over” (the title fits a little)
Stevie Wonder "Golden lady" & "They won't go when I go" (REEEEALLY sad)
Marvin Gaye: “Life is for learning” (the title fits a little too I guess)
Lee Hazlewood: “Wait and see” (the text fits I guess. At least the text I've noticed. I don't really pay attention to lyrics).
Sam Cooke: "A change is gonna come" (I guess the text fits a little too)
Procul Harum: “In held twas in I: a) Glimpses of Nirvana” (I guess the title fits a little too).
Lee Hazlewood: "My autumn's done come" (I guess the text + the title fits a little too)
Lee Hazlewood: "Bye Babe" (I guess the title fits a little too).
Love: "Everybody wants to live" (I guess the text fits a little too)
Crowded House: "Don't dream it's over" (I guess the title fits a little too).
Cris Williamson: "Last sweet hour" (I guess the title fits a little too).
Henry Mancini: "A day in the life of a fool" :D
Mozart: “Requiem” (The title says it all)
Cream: “World of Pain” (The title says it all as well)
Queen "The show must go on" (The title says it all as well)
Nancy Sinatra (John Barry): “You only live twice” (The title says it all as well)

Originally posted by rustymetal
I want Nine Inch Nails - The Ground Below to be played at my funeral. "I can still feel you, even so far away..." hehe, make the buggers paranoid. ;)

If I had to choose Opeth, I suppose TBYF.
The song is called "The Great Below", not "The Ground Below", but yeah that would be a good choice. (Although NIN-wise I'd still prefer "A Warm Place" or "Hurt")

Out of all the Opeth songs, I'd choose Epilogue, TBYF and/or Madrigal.

:lol: I'll tell you why I keep calling it "Ground" by mistake - because when my brother taped me a copy, I couldn't read his writing, and it looked like "Ground". I'm sorry, it's sort of stuck... :cry: :D