Song at your funeral...

ensign

Jul 18, 2003
If you could have one song played at your funeral, before you were lowered into the ground, what would it be?

mine would be to bid you farewell

doesnt have to be an opeth song.

hmmm....dont know, mabey communion and the Oracle by symphony x? its just a beautiful floaty song. theres alot of songs that i like more, but their not good to play for a funeral...imagine a cryptopsy song in a funeral, that would be funny

Black Sabbath - Die Young (very appropriate)

Or, seriously...King Crimson - One Time. I reckon that song would make every eye in the house teary, even if they didn't give a fuck about me when I was alive...which would most likely be the case.

I've already asked my friends and family to play Still Day Beneath the Sun at my funeral. I mean, c'mon, its family-friendly and the lyrics are just made for it. TBYF was my pick before I heard Still Day Beneath the Sun...but I prefer the latter (for a funeral anyways).

For years it was always "Ambition" by New Model Army, but in 1997 it occured to me that "Glory To The Brave" by HammerFall would make a good one.

I went to a friend's funeral last year and there was a small amount of keyboard based Cradle Of Filth (cannot remember which song now) played as we left the chapel... it was stopped very precisely to avoid upsetting older family members.

radiohead - pyramid song
or
a perfect circle - orestes...

both would be great. cant help it, pyramid song makes me cry. i think i would choose pyramid song after all.