Favorite solos in an Opeth song.

the opeth affinity said:
the first solo in 'wreath', amazing, no one EVER mentions how good a track wreath is im suprized.

the twim harmonic slow solo in 'the leper affinity' that leads into 'lost are days of spring', that bit feels like spring if you know what i mean, it really creates a mood\m/

I totally agree with you. "Wreath" is one of my favorite songs (I've mentioned it many times before; you might just not've seen), and I'm always quick to defend it. That solo is fucking icredible.

I agree with you on the "Leper Affinity" twin harmonic solo too. That's got to be one of my favorite Opeth moments ever.

A Fair Judgement
Windowpane
Benighted
The Leper Affinity
Harvest
Serenity Painted Death
Godhead's Lament
WHEN!!!
Epilogue
The Baying of the Hounds
To Bid You Farewell

Opeth has so many fuckin' great solos!

A Fair Judgement ofcourse! 20 minutes ago I've walking a street with my player and here it is. Some acousic guitar, then some vocals, then again that light guitar... I turn it up lauder!!! That was amasing! My heart jump out of my chest few times... I don't know what my face looks like at that kinda moments. And fuck those ppl around me and fuck on what they are thinking. I was happy!!

Heliotropic_Rose said:
WTF!!!!! no one has The Twilight is my Robe!!!!!! that phase shifter shit comes out of fucking no-where! that's there best solo!
All of Opeth's old solos are shite imo.. i can't stand them.

Their best solos:
To Rid The Disease
Godhead's Lament
The Funeral Portrait
White Cluster
Moonlapse Vertigo
Deliverance (first solo especially)
When

it'll have to be windowpane its very unconventional
and whats fun to play is the ending of the solo for baying of the hounds. The half time feel which is led on by the acoustics - its insane.

Blackwater park has a very dark sounding one to add as well.