Solos on Still Life

Slaydon

Jul 28, 2008
right outside Oslo, Norway
I think the solos on this album are among the best Opeth has ever recorded. Who agrees with me? Just listen to that fast transition solo on "Godhead's Lament"! It must be Peter's. Or the solos in "White Cluster". All as good as they ever got for Opeth.

Still Life's solos are really nothing special in comparison to most of the solos in later albums, though after Still Life they started putting 2 solos in a lot of their songs so I guess the whole guitar solo thing just became more important to them. They're cool, Serenity Painted Death being probably my favorite one, but compared to solos like those in Wreath, The Funeral Portrait, or Burden (no need to go on with this..), eh...just a solo to me.

Still Life's solos are really nothing special in comparison to most of the solos in later albums, though after Still Life they started putting 2 solos in a lot of their songs so I guess the whole guitar solo thing just became more important to them. They're cool, Serenity Painted Death being probably my favorite one, but compared to solos like those in Wreath, The Funeral Portrait, or Burden (no need to go on with this..), eh...just a solo to me.

Well YOURE WRONG!:mad: I don't really like the Burden solo, I can't find anything special about it. Or The Funeral Portrait. Deliverance has a good solo tho. And BWP songs.

How could you not mention a fair judgement? Is there even any argument against that containing the best solo section in an opeth song?

Best Opeth solo: Hex Omega

Deliverance's first solo is very good as well, although curiously Peter doesn't play it with sweeps and picks every note. ??

Solo-wise, Watershed should be the best Opeth album.

Well you gotta listen to Annihilat0r, he is great in guitaring and more he knows music theory (I dont know why though) and only second only to John Petrucci (whoa I gotta cool down a bit :))

First two things were not sarcasm but truth.