Solos on Still Life

Honestly, I can't even really remember Hex Omega's solo off the top of my head. Which isn't a good sign. Right after i heard the solo section from A Fair Judgement (particularly Peter's one), once I was done wiping the cum from my pants I knew that the melody was committed to memory.

At least we agree on Porcelain Heart.

A Fair Judgement's second solo is good, but the first one is better, I think (I don't know who plays which)

I like Wreath's solo too, it's good in the "it doesn't fit here but sounds good anyway" way, at least the latest parts.

A Fair Judgement's second solo is good, but the first one is better, I think (I don't know who plays which)

I like Wreath's solo too, it's good in the "it doesn't fit here but sounds good anyway" way, at least the latest parts.

If I could be bothered creating such an asinine poll I think it'd be interesting to see which solo most people prefer. The transition between the two is amazing, but seriously, the second is one of the best guitar solos I have ever heard. what a melody line.

Deliverance as an album has pretty strong solos actually.

Actually, in fairness, Opeth - well, in particular, Mike, Peter and Fred - have been quite good at crafting solos that work well within the songs. Nothing really particularly weak about any of them from memory, yet at the same time I can't really pick out an absolute fave. But never have I thought to myself, 'that is just there for the sake of having a solo' - like so many bands, particularly on the tech side of things, can tend to do.

But just some food for thought, I also just remember 'Hours Of Wealth' is a particularly touching solo.