what is the first opeth song you heard?

Let me rephrase that, I heard Harvest first and then I didn't think much of it. Then I heard Bleak and I got hooked, but now I don't really like that song anymore.

To Bid You Farewell. I hated death metal vocals, but the good word on Opeth was just too much to ignore, so I bought Blackwater Park, not having heard any other song besides TBYF. Listened to it on the way home...heard the growling and thought, "Bah, what have I done?"

Advent. Which seems appropriate. I don't know if I loved it immediately, but I could tell that they were seriously good musicians/songwriters right away.

Advent

didnt like vocals at first but my friend insisted on how good they were and after a second listen i was hooked :)

in August 2001 an online friend whose musical opinion i trusted told me that i should check out opeth. so i bought the only album the cd store had, morningrise. thus, advent was the first opeth song i ever heard. i wasn't super crazy about the death metal vocals at first; i couldn't understand what Mikael was saying. but his clean vocals blew me away. opeth instantly became my favorite band and they still are. after a few listens i fell in love with Mikael's growls and could finally understand them. morningrise remained my favorite album until the day deliverance came out.