what is the first opeth song you heard?

Newbies? I don't understand. You stated that your first song was in 2001. That sounds like your in the same league as me. Maybe a year more into it. I say who cares when you heard your first Opeth song. Let's be glad that we found them!

Matt
brooklynmayhem said:

newbies would be someone who heard their latest album first. Ive been listening to them for almost 2 and a half years. And i was only kidding it really doesnt matter when you start listening, just that you start listening

A 3-minute clip from the beginning of nectar. I think it was in late 1999. I liked it the first time I heard it, and after a few more listenings it was like the best song I´ve ever heard. Then I bought Morningrise.

If I remember correctly, Black Rose Immortal in 2000, and i fuckin HATED it at the time.

But, in 2001, i decided to give them a chance again and purchased Morningrise. It took awhile, but i was hooked.

I first downloaded a bunch of Opeth songs and listened to Demon of the Fall for a couple mins. I was really into Tool at the moment and never really liked death vocals so I cut off the song midway and didn't listen to Opeth for a couple months. Then I heard more talk about them and decided to give Black Rose Immortal a listen and BAM I converted.

Algarothsyum said:
Hah, hey man, this is Yontrop. I've come to the right place, I see.

Very much so. :)

I usually hang out in chat/off topic, that's quite the community.... it might take awhile, but soon that may become your home. :tickled:

Nectar or TBYF, I can't remember. In 2001 I think, didn't like either, deleted them. 2002, downloaded Serenity Painted Death, fell in love. :D

the first opeth song i heard was "The twilight is my robe" it was playing in background of a local band's show i was going to during intermission.