what is the first opeth song you heard?

Bought Opeth - Deliverance cos i was bored... and cos it was a good digipack :)

Didnt like Wreath... Press Track >>
Deliverance.......... i was blown away...
Listened to the cd rest of the week... :)

Bought Damnation,BWP,Still Life since then :)

Morningrise/MAYH/Orchid left :)

Now Opeth is like top3 favourite bands (together with meshuggah, the haunted)

I wasn't a fan of "Death Metal" at all. I heard 'Harvest' and loved that, then I moved onto 'The Drapery Falls', then 'Bleak', then I was a fan of all of "Blackwater Park". I've got "Damnation", "Deliverence", "Blackwater Park", and "Still Life". I need to get "My Ams...". I Love it all. Harvest opened the doors to Opeth, and Death Metal. Now I can put away those Yanni CDs. :)

First song was April Ethereal.
I was very impressed.
yes.gif

Wolftribe said:
Moonlapse Vertigo... right when Mike screams after the first melodic verse..... wow that did it for me....
My first song was bleak. I stumbled upon it while downloading music in a p2p fileshare program. I actually downloaded it on accident and was going to delete it but decided to give it a listen just to see what the heck it was. At first I didn't think it was anything really special...until the clean vocals came in. The sheer fact that anyone could have such a good voice and such a deep growl was like a new revelation. I went out and bought bwp the following day, which almost made me shit my pants the first listen. It literally made almost my entire metal collection look like complete shit. I thought "what the fuck? how is it even possible that I didn't know about this band?" I haven't stopped listening since.

After being told to download some Opeth on a message board I went out and got a 3 min clip from The Apostle in Triumph. I believe it was the part around the 8 min mark where Mike starts the clean clean vocal spot. I really liked what I heard so I went and got the Celtic Frost cover and didn't like it at all. I hated the death vocals. The piano kept my interest and the musicianship was enough to retain my interest. A little while later BWP was released and since I was hearing great things about it I decided that I would one day get it. Months later I finally broke down and bought it. The atonal intro and piano outro of The Leper Affinity and Harvest really grabbed my attention. It took me a few weeks to adjust to the growling vocals but now I'm at the point where I look forward to hearing a well defined growl. I burned my friends copies oF BWP and eventually they got hooked as well. As for the time I first started listening to Opeth I'd have to say...late 2000.