music at your funeral?

okay,, so you've just died and you are really pissed off about it, what one song would you want playing at your funeral , with all your relatives around ,, to make it all a bit better! .. song can be any style and in its full length form ..

i choose

Burzum "det som en gang var" .. which means "what once was" .. perfect title , perfect song, ..

I've always leant towards "This is the life" by Living Colour, a really nice song, with lyrics to live your life by :D But it would be rather sad for those hearing it. :cry:

For a 'fuck you' send off, hmmmmm.... "Pure Fucking Armageddon" by Mayhem maybe?

just the thought of those weeping parents / uncles and aunts etc ,, listening to mayhem or burzum upon someones death is a mad one! .. if it wasnt burzum by the way , i woulda picked "maaneskuggens slave" by gorgoroth, the final track on "pentagram" my favourite black metal album,, in fact definitely one of the top 3 albums of my all time! ..

I think I would've played either "To Bid You Farewell" or maybe "Send In The Clowns" or "Yoo hoo the witch is dead" (It's a perfect funeral march!) or "Emodene" by Hammering Moss

The one I think of driectly is; "The spirit carries on" with Dream theater.

(I used to be frightedned of dying, I used to think death was the end. But that was before, I'm not scared anymore, I know that my soul will transcend) Or something like that...

Dissection - The Somberlain would be perfect.

Or maybe My Arms, Your Hearse. The whole thing. Make them sit there staring at my inanimate face for an hour or so.

I think I'd go for Ray Conniff's divine version of George Gershwin's "Summertime". It's my favorite track of all time, so I think that would be perfect!
If not, I'll chose these:
Bill Withers "Ain't no sunshine" (Besides being the best song I've ever heard after "Summertime", the title fits a bit.)
Teddy Wilson "'Round midnight"
Virgil Warner & Suzi Jane Hokom "Ladybird"
Marvin Gaye "Mercy mercy me (The ecology)"
Geoff Love "Theme from The Persuaders" (John Barry wrote this superb theme, but I prefer this version because of the amazing string section.)
Virgil Warner & Suzi Jane Hokom "Summer wine"
Ernest Gold "Theme of Exodus"
Marvin Gaye "What's going on"
Procul Harum "A whiter shade of pale"

These are the ten best songs I've ever heard. All extreme beatiful music, so it's probably obvious I'd choose these.

To Bid You Farewell by you-know-who
Disappear by Dream Theater
When These Days Are Over by Woo
and....
The Niles' Edge by Vast

these songs come to mind... I wouldn't want to disturb them sad relatives with heaviness..

Nightingale - Deep Inside Of Nowhere would be absolutely perfect! Followed by Dimmu Borgir - Burn In Hell, and Marduk - Sex With Satan.

And for a good fuck you, Deicide - Blame It On God.

Maybe Bloodbath - Furnace Funeral. Ahhh, there are so many to choose from!

eirik: "I can still feel you... even so far away..."
That's the reason - let the buggers get paranoid. :D