Which polish beer do Anathema lads drink...

Piwo Tyskie is the best. But belgian beers, as f.e Grimbergen or Leffe are excellent too.

Sorry for bringing up this old topic, but i stumbled upon it while searching for Danny's statements about past Anathema releases, and coudn't resist to throw my 3 cents to the beer discussion...

You people need to stop drinking lagers and start drinking more Ales - there are more styles and more flavors...There is nothing like the Belgian ales and English bitters (and pale ales in general) in my opinion at least

I come from the land of Budweiser, Coors and Miller - probably the worst beer in the world.

I think Belgian Beer is the best when it comes to special beers : no one can top Duvel, Rochefort, Orval, Karmeliet, Geuze, Kriek, Westmalle, Westvleteren, Hoegaerden and so on and so on...

When it comes to lagers, well we have some really good ones but I think there are other countries that have some really good ones, or even better ones : Hungary, Poland, Germany...

My favorite will always be this one though :

jupiler1.gif

I'm pretty hapy with what we've got inDenmark, except when I end up in a bar that only serves Carlsberg and Tuborg regular, yaiks, not quite as tasteless as the American beers, but a good way there. I can do with classic and am happy with most of the special brews (Dark, christmas brew for ex). Some of the cheaper brands have very decent brews too. Love a good Guinnes once in a while, but it's damn expensive.

I know it's neither Polish nor beer, but I just saw this pic in a fridge magnet format and I almost bought it I liked it so much :D

878_l.jpg

Allan said:
I'm pretty hapy with what we've got inDenmark, except when I end up in a bar that only serves Carlsberg and Tuborg regular, yaiks, not quite as tasteless as the American beers, but a good way there. I can do with classic and am happy with most of the special brews (Dark, christmas brew for ex). Some of the cheaper brands have very decent brews too. Love a good Guinnes once in a while, but it's damn expensive.
There are some really tasty American stuff (i'm not talking about the commercial crap i.e. budwiser, coors, etc) but mostly microbrews...I don't know if you can get it elsewheres (probably not) but If you can find Victory Hop Devil get it - it might be my favorite beer ever, it comes from pennsylvania

Don Corleone said:
how about some czech beer?

yeah jupiler is really good. i drank mostly that while i was abroad

I heard that the czech beer is the best beer under the sun. Personally i hadn't have the chance to drink one.
Still... Duvel, Chimay, Westvleteren, Westmalle, Leffe rock the place :kickass:

On the other hand... Coors and Miller :puke: 2% alcohol, wtf is this? even a chocolate bombon has more