Anathema label question

Animal

Nov 18, 2003
Dark side of the moon
Visit site
Is it true that Anathema are still an unsigned band. Hard to believe that such a band can have no label when some of the shit thats being released earns a paycheck.
Surly SPV or Insideout would make a good home.
You guys cant fold..

Oh yeah, whats Vincent up to latly, all i seem to read is Danny (not that thats bad mind you)
But Vinnies voice :worship: :worship: :worship:
Maybe a Vincent solo cd ????

Animal said:
Is it true that Anathema are still an unsigned band. Hard to believe that such a band can have no label when some of the shit thats being released earns a paycheck.
Surly SPV or Insideout would make a good home.
You guys cant fold..
It was the record label that folded, not the band. Do you think they'll stop writing music because of this? Oh lordy..

pagan2002 said:
nah vinny wont do a solo cd
and neither will i :)
well apart from covers and that
Well, do one... otherwise they will do a profit out of you for the rest of your days...!

Animal said:
No i dont think they'll automatically fold, but it must be frustrating not knowing if youll get another paycheck
yeah, unemployment is no good, thats why danny is looking for a job at a kebab shop to sell kebabs and play guitar for customers(only arabic covers though), vinny is auditioning to become a background dancer for justin timberlake, and apparently john has joined the circus.

Animal said:
No i dont think they'll automatically fold, but it must be frustrating not knowing if youll get another paycheck

I think they'll be getting more money from gigs and selling albums if there are no "middlemen" to deal with. It would be more like the D.I.Y. idea-bands booking their own gigs and selling their own merchandise (cds, shirts,etc.). None of that money has to go to some record label, it all goes to the band. And believe me, I don't think they were getting rich from being on MFN.