Which song got you REALLY into Maiden?

Transylvania_Bass

New Metal Member
Dec 12, 2005
For me, it was The Trooper:headbang:

I had heard Run to the Hills before, but that wasn't the song that made me love Maiden as I now do...I just liked the song, that's all:p

But two years ago I listened to The Trooper on an mp3 I borrowed from my cousin, and that was it:D

so, which song got you seriously into Maiden?

Believe it or not, it was actually Bring Your DaughteR back in 1992. I vaguely knew of Maiden a year or so before cos I know my brother had the NOTB album. We used to act out the spoken intro to NOTB and The Prisoner (well we were only about 7 and 13 then!!) but when I first heard that song I was like, "Wooooooooooah, what the hell is that?!?! That's for me!!!!" and used to sing it ALL the time!!!! I really don't know why that one struck me first rather than something from the NOTB album but that sometimes happen doesn't it - you can over look a song or album for ages and then all of a sudden it just hits you!!! That happened to me with the SIT album - I used to HATE it apart from Wasted Years!!! It's one of my favourite albums now.

I would have to say RTTH because it was the first I heard.
Steve's bass just grabbed me and I had to hear more of them. It was more Steve's approach to the bass than any one song.

Plus that was 23 years ago and I don't remember.

Jim

rhyme of the ancient mariner and flight of Icarus. my friend loved Iron Maiden and these were the two songs that I first heard. as they say...and the rest was history.

the trooper \m/ but it was the b side of that that really impressed me - cross eyed mary which KICKS ASS. first time i'd heard a cover done heavy like that with the guitar harmonies doing the flute part - and bruce sounds amazing!

well mine had to be Fear Of The Dark.....i love the crowd participation in that song.....and then when it kicks in with bruce......awesome

Uhm, first of all, I didn't know that this board was about a tribute band, thought it was some Iron Maiden's fan base here, in UM.

Now, if I must pick a single song... I would go for "Number Of The Beast". That was the first Maiden record I got in tape, and I played it repeatedly for two months. So, even when I would like to choose many others ("Can I Play With Madness" is a stunning cut!!)... Dickinson screaming at the very beginning of "Number Of The Beast" was really impressive for a 15 y-o. :)

Now that I think about it, "Number Of The Beast" was a killing album except for "Gangland", which sounded pretty lame to me. Just an opinion, though.

|ng.